£(Apply online only) per week
Vision for Education are currently recruiting for a Mental Health Support Worker to work in a support capacity within our Wigan SEMH settings!
About the role:
- As a Mental Health Support Worker you will be responsible for supporting the educational, social and emotional development for students.
- Work with primary and secondary aged students on a 1:1 or small group basis.
- Follow the instruction of the teacher but take a proactive approach to supporting the children
- There are opportunities for the role to become permanent with the school after a qualifying period
About the school:
- The Schools we work with in Wigan cater for pupils with learning disabilities and challenging behaviours and aim to provide the very best support for their students
- This school seeks to provide an appropriate and high-quality education for all the children in their school
- Some pupils can display verbal or physical challenging behaviours so the ideal candidate in this role will need strong de-escalation and behaviour management skills.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for the Mental Health Support Worker position are:
- Have relevant experience of working with children, young people or vulnerable adults
- Be dedicated and supportive, an excellent communicator and passionate about working with students and younger people
- Have a patient and caring nature
- Be willing to work in the Wigan area
Vision for Education is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country.
What Vision for Education offer
As a Mental Health Support Worker and valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Mental Health Support Worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision For Education, please contact our Manchester team on (phone number removed).
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.