Hackensack Meridian Health is New Jersey's largest and most comprehensive health network, with more top-ranked hospitals than any system in the state. Our team members are creative, courageous, compassionate, collaborative and connected in order to provide the highest level of care to every patient. Together, we are committed to transforming health care through innovation, providing human-centered care that is accessible and affordable and creating a new standard of excellence. At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are looking for team members who are ready to have a positive impact on someone's life, today and every day.
A day in the life of a Mental Health Technician at Hackensack Meridian Carrier Clinic includes:
- Provides routine patient care services to our patients under the direction of a professional nurse. Duties include assisting patients in daily living activities, taking and recording vital signs, facilitating psycho-educational group sessions and utilizing crisis intervention techniques as necessary.
- Assists patients with daily living activities (ie; 1-to-1 Supervision, Laundry, Bathing, and Toileting).
- Conducts patient search at admission, upon return from pass, or as clinically indicated under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Functions as a role model of healthy interpersonal relationships and demonstrates appropriate behavior for patients, family, and staff.
Education/Experience Required :
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Education/Experience Preferred :
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Social work, Psychology, Nursing or Health related field
- 1 year behavioral health care experience
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!