Aboriginal Applicants are encouraged to apply.
The Glen for Women will be a new, 20 bed purpose built Residential Rehabilitation Facility located at Wyong Creek on the NSW Central Coast. It is due to open in early 2022.
The Glen for Women is modelled on the successful program at The Glen for Men located at Chittaway and more information can be found at .
The role of the Clinical Director is to work under the supervision of the board and closely with the COO to design, develop and oversee a residential rehabilitation program for (up to) 20 Women who are affected by Drug and Alcohol issues. The residents will often have past trauma and underlying issues that have contributed to the problematic drug and alcohol issues and it is expected that the majority of these Women will have a diagnosed Mental Health condition.
The role of the Clinical Director is to support, supervise and train the clinical team members to support and monitor the care of the residents in The Glen for Women program. The Clinical Director is ultimately responsible for the clinical care given to residents in the program.
The Clinical Director will initially work across both The Glen for Men and The Glen for Women and be responsible for the following (either solely or as part of a team):
- Achieve and maintain Organisational Accreditation (particularly the clinical standards) across The Glen and The Glen for Women. Renewal is due April 2022 with The Glen for Women added to the scope of accreditation.
- Design & implement the client program and routine at The Glen for Women (opening February 2022)
- Engaging Stakeholders and Service Delivery experts who can benefit residents of The Glen for Women with particular thought given to other Allied Health professionals, clinicians, who can help residents at The Glen for Women.
- Drive the recruitment, training and support for staff and volunteers at The Glen for Women.
- Develop rosters for staff and volunteers at The Glen for Women.
- Work with the COO to complete reporting requirements (of funding bodies) and other agencies.
- Support the COO to monitor budgets and apply for funding opportunities.
- Support the COO in staff appraisals, and other HR matters.
- Oversight of assessment and intake of new clients.
- Responsible for Clinical Case Notes and Reports to be done regularly on all residents including observing their mood, speech, determining risks, responses to different stimuli, medication compliance and behaviour.
- Plan and organise Clinical training the team:
- o Plan and schedule individual training needs
- o Plan and schedule group training (in consultation with COO)
- Organise and facilitate clinical meetings including clinical changeovers.
The Role of Clinical Director is a full time, salaried role and could include hours outside the normal hours of 7am-3pm Monday - Friday.
The role of the Clinical Director is a highly skilled role. The Clinical Director needs to hold Mental Health or Nursing Qualifications at level 7 or higher in the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
- Emotional Intelligence
- Clinical Decision-making
- Planning & organisation
- Communication skills
- A good attitude & character
- Listens to learn / Open mindedness
- Resilience, grit, guts etc.
- Values that align with The Glen[AL1]
Minimum Technical skills:
- Technology literate
- o Clinical management system
- o Ability to use teleconference
- o MS Outlook Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- o Data literacy
- Planning & organisational skills
- Writing and reporting skills
The Clinical Director is preferred to have experience in the following fields:
- Clinical Mental Health or Drug and Alcohol work.
- Working with Women during acute episode of psychosis, stress, depression, or dependence.
- Managing staff and volunteers
- Organisational Accreditation Process
- Clinical Supervisor
Applications need to be made to:
by COB 30th July 2021.
Applications should include a Cover Letter (Addressing the attached criteria) and a current CV with at least two recent references that would be willing to be contacted by phone.
There will be an extensive interview process for potential candidates including face to face and Zoom interviews with some practical exercises involved.
- Closing date: 30th July 2021
- Interview process: from 9th August 2021
- Expected starting date: September 2021 (negotiated)
For any further information, please call the Executive Director of The Glen on .
Salary will be negotiated with candidate based on skills and experience.