Apply for this job now
Mental Health Therapist, Behavioral Health Urgent Care. Job in Raleigh Care Jobs
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- Job Type
- Full Time
- 22 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
Help Us Help People to Realize the Resilience That's Within Them.
Do you enjoy helping people to achieve their goals and dreams?
Want to work for a company committed to supporting, educating, and empowering people to choose and achieve what is important to them?
Monarch NC, a provider of high-quality and trauma-informed care for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental illness and substance use disorders, is seeking a Mental Health Therapist for our Behavioral Health Urgent Care Team.
There is a $1,500 sign-on bonus for this position!
_Responsibilities include: _
1. Maintain a therapeutic and safe environment while persons supported receive services and help facilitate appropriate linkage and transition to additional services or into the community upon discharge.
2. Participate in team meetings, and discharge planning for all individuals served on the Behavioral Health Urgent Care.
3. Serve as a resource for non-licensed staff by assisting with in-service training and supports to educate BHUC staff in the areas of mental health and substance abuse.
4. Perform interviews with individuals and/or families to aid in identifying presenting problems, assessing mental status and dangerousness, gathering relevant facts of psychosocial history, and assigning accurate diagnoses that will help determine the best intervention to help the individual and his or her family achieve stated goals.
5. Provide expertise in assessing psychiatric crises and crisis intervention while working closely with other BHUC staff.
6. Assist individuals and families in meeting other psychosocial needs by referring them to appropriate outside agencies upon discharge from the BHUC (such as specialty providers, doctors, social services, and other community resources) and providing information needed within the guidelines of confidentiality standards.
7. Provide crisis assessments, stabilization, and service coordination in order to de-escalate crisis and potential crisis situations in an effort to maintain lowest level of care that promotes safety.
8. Maintain positive working relationships within the communities served, including with individuals, families, staff, monitoring and licensing agencies, organizations, funding resources, and other human service agencies.
9. Provide clinical consultation as required or requested by other professionals within Monarch to provide ongoing professional development and to process difficult client situations that may arise.
10. Drive or travel to community locations, various agencies, and other outreach destinations as assigned.
11. Complete all other relevant responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
_To qualify, candidates must have the following: _
A Masters Degree in a Human Services related field is required.
Must have a North Carolina LCSW license. Must be fully licensed. We're sorry, but we cannot accept candidates with a LCSWA license.
At least 2 years of counseling or therapy experience.
A valid North Carolina Drivers License is also required.
_We understand that in order for our professionals to take good care of our people, we need to take good care of them too. That's why we offer the following benefits: _
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Paid Time Off, including 9 Company Holidays
Continuing Education for Licensed Staff
Employee Assistance Program
_...and much more! _
Come join us in our mission to support people with disabilities in growing toward their potential, reaching their dreams, and making their own informed choices about where they live, learn, work, play and worship. _We look forward to working with you! _
Job Type: Full-time
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Mental health counseling: 2 years (Required)
North Carolina LCSW (Required)
Work Location: One location
- Job Reference: 718691710-2
- Date Posted: 22 September 2022
- Employer: MONARCH NC
- Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Mental Health, Other
- Job Type: Full Time