DAY/SHIFT/HOURS: Monday-Friday 8-4:30p.m. No weekends, nights or holidays
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills in the areas psychotherapy, clinical counseling, diagnostic interviews, assessments and treatment plans to patients.
- Participates in development and implementation of an appropriate assessment based interdisciplinary treatment plan. Consults with team managers, statutory and voluntary agencies and patient relative to ensure compliance with patient treatment plan.
- Completes comprehensive psychosocial assessment, participates in interdisciplinary rounds.
- Provides individual, group, family and crisis counseling. Acts as a liaison with patients, families, community support workers and facilities to obtain information and facilitate discharge planning.
- Provides education and resources for patients and family members. Supervises and/or trains lower level social workers, students or interns.
- Processes paperwork, telephone calls and completes clinical documentation.
- Participates in continuing professional education, departmental meetings and teaching.
- Other duties as assigned.