Arivaca Boy's Ranch is seeking a masters-level Therapist to join our team.
Arivaca Boy's Ranch is an inpatient behavioral health residential facility for teenage boys (13-17). The boys have various individual struggles including anger management, histories of trauma, substance abuse, attachment and mood disorders, and mental health diagnoses. We use equine therapy coupled with Arbinger philosophies of relationship building, as well as traditional individual, group and family therapy.
Our program is committed to providing Trauma-Informed Care principles throughout every aspect of treatment. Candidates should have a pro-active mindset and desire to facilitate success in our program. They must be enthusiastic in helping us carry out our mission to help young men discover their greatness and potential, develop the tools to cope with life challenges, to learn to set and achieve goals, and to build productive relationships with family and peers.
- Provide mental health assessments, counseling, referrals, and intervention services
- Complete and maintain appropriate documentation according to state and federal guidelines
- Facilitate individual, group, and family therapy
- Manage a caseload of 8-12 clients
- Conduct intakes as assigned and perform initial psycho-social assessment upon admission.
Learn and incorporate Arbinger frameworks in a therapeutic setting (Although helpful, no prior knowledge of Arbinger is necessary, the candidate will receive Arbinger training and resources upon employment)
Requirements & Experience:
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology or Related Field
- Must be able to obtain a level 1 clearance card
- The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in working with youth with diverse backgrounds.
- Equine therapy experience or some knowledge of horses is not essential, though it would prove to be an asset for the right candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45k - $55k a year, negotiable depending on experience and other benefits.
**Arivaca Boys Ranch is a local business, Arizona owned and run. We are a small business with 30 clients at one time and a small operational field staff. As a behavioral health facility, we are an "essential service" and with added restrictions and precautions to protect our residential clients and staff, it will remain open to our clients through the COVID-19 pandemic. This position is considered part of that essential service**