Premier Recruitment(S.E.) has a great opportunity to work with prestigious and market leading client in care sector, based Wisbech,North Cambridgeshire, who is currently seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Occupational Therapist, Mental Health Rehabilitation , to join their growing team on permanent basis.This is an amazing opportunity to join a company, to progress fast and learn many new skills.
Occupational Therapist, Mental Health Rehabilitation
£37,000 per annum
Are you dedicated, driven and keen to expand your Occupational Therapy Career?
My client has an exciting new opportunity for a passionate and driven Occupational Therapist; we are opening a new rehabilitation model and recovery service in March 2020, which is situated in Wisbech near Peterborough where our multidisciplinary team offer high quality recovery focused care to adults with a range of mental health needs.
* Recovery can be a reality for everyone with Mental Health problems.
* Focus on individual need, not diagnosis.
* Risks should be understood but managed positively
* Service users have a right to live in a decent, safe, caring environment with support to engage in and with their local community
* Pathways to more independent living should be an integral part of support planning.
This is a rewarding role with excellent career opportunities.
If you're passionate about what you do, we want to talk to you!
Our service operates 24 hours a day; 7 days a week all year round, therefore we are looking for people who are flexible to cover shifts throughout the week at varying times of the day.
To support the Registered Hospital Manager to deliver a high quality person centred recovery approach in line with Hospital Service Improvement Plan. To be responsible for organising and co-ordinating the delivery of an activities programme to meet service user identified needs and to promote independence and develop life skills.
Key Role and Responsibilities
To ensure service users are provided with treatment and rehabilitation programmes based on individual assessment of need
* To develop and maintain a client-centred treatment approach sensitive to the personal and cultural needs of individual service users
* To manage a defined caseload and carry out assessments, identify treatment aims, implement and evaluate treatment programmes, and develop safe and timely discharge plans
* To work in conjunction with other professionals in the multi-disciplinary team in order to provide a collaborative approach to service user care
* To contribute to multi-disciplinary risk assessments and the safe management of service user
* To assist with developing opportunities for service users to engage in education and work projects
* To assist the multi-disciplinary team in ensuring that OT care pathways for service users are met in safe and timely manner
* To support and collaborate with service users in care planning within the framework of the Care Planning Approach
* To keep comprehensive, up to date written notes and provide evidence-based reports to the multi-disciplinary team and external partners as required
* To attend all relevant clinical meetings, report on service user progress and liaise with other professionals in relation to treatment provision
* To liaise with appropriate voluntary and statutory agencies concerned with care, resettlement and rehabilitation of the service users
* To actively participate in clinical audit, programme review and the implementation and analysis of outcome measures
* To lead in organising social, recreational and occupational activities within the hospital, considering individual residents' particular interests and therapeutic needs
* In consultation with clinical staff develop a dynamic activities programme that recognises a range of social, recreational and therapeutic needs of our residents
* To review with care staff the appropriateness and effectiveness of the activities programme weekly and amend as necessary
If interested please apply directly or contact Tom Kurczab at Premier Recruitment(SE)