St. David's HealthCare is implementing a new pay range for full-time and part-time unit-based bedside nurses, non-exempt frontline nurse leaders and to a host of non-Nursing roles. Apply today to learn more!
Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at St. David's South Austin Medical Center have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) Outpatient Surgery Registered Nurse you can be a part of change.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) Outpatient Surgery Registered Nurse. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in Outpatient Services/Ambulatory Care, you will be responsible for the admission, preoperative assessment and preparation of patients admitted on the day of the scheduled surgical procedure.. You will plan, implement, evaluate, and document nursing care for assigned patients, and will be responsible for post-operative care and discharge of outpatients.
* You will assess, plan, and evaluate pre-op and post-op patient care
* You will obtain supplies, equipment, and medications needed for patient care
* You will prepare and monitor patients for surgeries and procedures
* You will administer medication and IV therapy
* You will receive and initiate physician orders
* You will provide pre-op and post-op patient teaching and emotional support
* You will ensure all patients have met discharge criteria
* You will complete patient follow-up calls post-procedure to evaluate patient care
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Acute care experience - preferred
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN)
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) - preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification - preferred
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification - preferred
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program - the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program - and Level II trauma center. The facility's full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits - St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Outpatient Surgery Registered Nurse opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.