Currently hiring for a Palliative Care Registered Nurse for Sacramento County, Placer , CA with multiple openings.
- We are looking for high quality, full-time & part-time Palliative Care Nurse to join the premier home health care team!
- Flexible Schedule - schedule your own visits
About the Company
Prohealth is a locally owned Home Health, Hospice & Palliative Care agency with 4 locations serving over 12 counties in Northern California. We maintain an average daily census of over 1800 patients. Being an industry leader for over 15 years, we pride ourselves in providing exceptional clinical care with compassion to our patients. Our patient focused care model provides personalized care, ranging from nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and even registered dietitian.
For more information visit our website () or to join our family oriented team with excellent growth opportunities & career advancement, call or email . com) Reports To: Clinical Supervisor
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs palliative care and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individual and families within their homes and communities. The registered nurse will act as Case Manager/Care Coordinator for palliative care patients. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
Patient Care Completes a comprehensive initial and ongoing assessments of patient and family to determine palliative care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es). 2. Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process. 3. Assesses and evaluates patient's status by: A. Writing and initiating plan of care B. Regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs Participating in revising the plan of care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team as necessary 4. Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis. 5. Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process. 6. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the ordering physician or Palliative Nurse Practitioner. 7. Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs. Provides information and education about advance care planning to the patient and family as appropriate. 9. Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan. 10. Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient's efforts toward self-sufficiency and optional comfort care. 11. Acts as Case Manager/Care Coordinator as assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload. Communication:
1. Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patient's condition and care given. Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate Communicates with the physician and interdisciplinary team regarding the patient's needs and reports changes in the patient's condition; obtains/receives orders as required. 3. Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan. Teaches the patient and family/caregiver regarding disease process(es), self-care techniques and processes for addressing ethical issues, as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers. Works in concert with the interdisciplinary group. 5. Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient. 6. Assists the patient and family/caregiver and other team members in providing continuity of care. 7. Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and Palliative Interdisciplinary Group Members to meet the emotional and spiritual needs of the patient and family/caregiver. 8. Attends interdisciplinary group meetings. Additional Duties
1. Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy. 2. Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available. 3. Supervises ancillary personnel and delegates responsibilities when required. 4. Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and in service classes. 5. Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted case assignments. 6. Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state. 2. Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited school of nursing. 3. Maintains a current CPR certification as required by organizational policy. 4. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order. 5. Minimum of two years' experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health, home care, palliative care or hospice nursing; has training in palliative care and/or hospice care or has, or is eligible for, palliative care certification. 6. Pediatrics: Must have experience and/or training in the developmental stages and needs of infants, children and adolescents. 7. Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision. 8. Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising home care aides. 9. Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communications; nursing skills per competency checklist. 10. Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload independently. 11. Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position, and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and/or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
Apply Today FULL-TIME/PART-TIME:
Full-Time and/or Part-TimeLOCATION:
Sacramento/ Placer, CAEOE STATEMENT:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.