Are you experienced or qualified in supporting children and young adults? Are you located in Nottingham?
We have a rewarding opportunity to work as a personal care assistant within an outstanding SEN school based in Nottingham. You will initially be working on a supply basis, but there is the opportunity to apply for long term positions within the school. The ideal candidate will have Health and Social qualifications/experience or Special Educational Needs qualifications/experience.
• Providing personal care and ensuring the student is given dignity at all times
• Providing support with feeding at lunchtime
• Preparation of resources for the student(s) in your care
• Collaboration with classroom teacher to organise appropriate activities
• Liaising with other professionals such as social workers and speech therapists
• Working closely with other LSAs and support staff
• Working with small groups of children and with children on a one to one basis
• Experience of working with young people with SEN needs
• Comfortable in managing challenging behaviours and confident in your ability to control it
• Ability to engage and build rapport with young people
• Be creative, proactive and flexible in your supporting style
• To be able to provide a nurturing and caring connection with vulnerable students
• Resilience when faced with challenges, the ability to remain calm when faced with testing behaviours.
• Primary or secondary curriculum experience
• Enhanced DBS on the update service (opportunity to prepare this with TeacherActive if not)
Apply now! Or call (phone number removed) or email for more information.
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment.
TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services