- New Graduates or Experienced Physio's welcome to apply
This private practice has been servicing Warwick for over 40 years. The practice is the largest Allied Health practice in the Southern Downs region, and currently employs 6 experienced Physiotherapists (including an Exercise Physiologist), two Occupational Therapists, a Remedial Massage Therapist, and a high-quality administration team.
Warwick, located 1.5 hours from Brisbane, is well-resourced town with a number of excellent schools, medical practices, a vibrant shopping precinct, gyms and sporting clubs. With a population of 15,000 in the town and surrounding district, Warwick is a wonderful place to live with the added benefit of being just 'down the road' from Brisbane. Warwick hosts the largest annual Camp Draft event in Australia, as well as major international Polocrosse tournaments. Located on the fringe of the picturesque Freestone Valley and only 40 minutes from the beautiful wine regions of Stanthorpe, Warwick is an excellent place to live in any stage of life.
Stanthorpe is 2.5 hours from Brisbane and is well known for its growing wine industry and bush parklands. The region is typified by large granite rock attractions for the active person with great 4WD, camping, rock climbing experiences nearby for the more adventurous at heart. Stanthorpe is well known for it's restaurants, wineries and tourist attractions. It is well-resourced with a number of excellent schools, medical practices, gyms and sporting clubs. With a population of 10,000 in the town and surrounding district, Stanthorpe is a fantastic place to live at any stage of life.Position Description:
Some of the duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate include:
- Varied Case load
- Home visits, Aged Care, DVA
- NDIS including working with children with developmental issues
- Hydrotherapy Classes, Balance classes, Exercise Classes, Pilates Classes
- Post-op Rehab
- Musculoskeletal physiotherapy
- Functional Capacity Assessments
- Occupational Health Rehabilitation.
- May be required to work in Both Warwick and Stanthorpe
- Support is offered from other staff as well as the opportunity to work independently
There may be some after hours work required from time to time, including Saturday work every 4 - 8 weeks.Qualifications and Experience:
- Possession of a recognised degree in Physiotherapy is required
- Current full registration as a Physiotherapist with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- This position requires the incumbent to operate a class C motor vehicle, and an appropriate licence endorsement to operate this type of vehicle is required. Proof of this endorsement must be provided before commencement of duty
- A current police check will also be a requirement of this position.- A current police check will also be a requirement of this position.
- The successful application will be required to show initiative, and demonstrate ability to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong ability to build rapport with patients and exercise good clinical reasoning
Please apply via the 'Apply Now' button on this page.
- Remuneration based on experience. Starting at $33/hour for New Graduates
- We contribute towards costs of professional development ($1,000 in first year, $500 for following years plus 2 paid PD leave days per year)
- Additional bonus will also be paid out based on productivity and we also have a Loyalty Bonus to reward commitment to the business.
- We support initiative in individual's areas of interest eg. develop new pilates program, or specialising in paediatrics, women's health, acupuncture etc
- May be entitled to a relocation tax subsidy for the first 6 months.
- May be eligible for National Furthering Education Scholarships for rural employees.
- May be entitled to staff monthly maintenance massage
- Provision of uniform
- Provision of annual CPR and first aid courses
- May be home by 5.05pm - no traffic congestion!
Following successful placement, eligible candidates may be entitled to receive support and financial assistance through Health Workforce Queensland's comprehensive workforce attraction and retention incentives. This position may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary for ongoing professional development.