- Are you looking for a role with diversity?
- Do you crave to work in a true collaborative style with other allied health professionals?
- Full time and part time hours (fixed term) with above award wages and salary packaging
Here at cohealth our mission is to strengthen the community and make a difference to the lives and wellbeing of people, particularly of those who experience stigma and the risk of marginalisation. We are a child safe and equal opportunity employer that offers generous salary packaging and opportunity to undertake professional training and development opportunities.
We are looking to add to our passionate team of allied health professionals here in Melbourne. Could you be the one we're looking for?
You are an experienced paediatric specialist with clinical experience in either psychology, occupational therapy or speech pathology. You're caring, empathetic and patient. You know how to capture the attention of your pint sized audience and are just as comfortable communicating with parents as you are with their kids and their educators. You'll be looking for the next phase in your career and a chance to help shape our program delivery. You'll love the idea of an environment where there's never a dull moment!
Funded by the School Readiness Funding initiative, you will be part of a child-focussed, multidisciplinary School Readiness team, which will work with designated kindergartens within the LGAs of Melbourne, Maribyrnong, Moonee Valley, Hobsons Bay and Wyndham.
The team you will be joining are a mix of speech pathologists, occupational therapists, social workers, psychologists and educators. Together you will deliver capacity building initiatives, and quality, evidence-based programs in your support to kindergarten educators and the families in the kindergarten communities.
As you liaise with the Child and Family Health Program, you and the team will be responsible for:
- Enhancing professional and parenting practices to support young children's learning in the key areas of communication, wellbeing and access and inclusion.
- Building capacity to create an environment for kindergarten children that promotes: improved speech, language, social interaction and early literacy outcomes; self-regulation and positive and pro-social behaviours; and social and emotional wellbeing.
- Delivering coaching and capacity building programs on site to kindergartens within the LGAs of Melbourne, Maribyrnong, Moonee Valley, Hobsons Bay and Wyndham
- Providing some support remotely / via online platforms to educators and families.
What will you need?
Experience working in early childhood, parenting or in education is a must, and if you have a background working collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team to develop and implement evidence-based programs, then we would love to hear from you! Tertiary qualifications and registrations associated with your field of expertise will be needed as well as those top-notch communication skills that sees you easily relate and communicate with those from disadvantaged and /or culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
What can we offer you?
We will recognise your hard work with an above award wage, very generous salary packaging, ongoing development opportunities and the full support of our passionate and motivated team.
To apply for this job go to: & enter ref code: . Applications close 20 June 2021.