Correctional Medicine opening in Eagleville, Pennsylvania.
PrimeCare Medical is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) to work as a Mental Health Nurse in the medical department at the Montgomery County Correctional Facility in Eaglesville, PA. In this role the Mental Health Nurse will monitor and evaluate nursing care delivery in accordance with PrimeCare Medical (PCM) philosophy, goals, and objectives. Ensure that nursing practice complies with established nursing standards. Assess and provide comprehensive nursing care while observing and maintaining security requirements.
- Responsible for the clinical monitoring, coordinating, and implementing of the mental health program in accordance with NCCHC/ACA Standards and PrimeCare Medical (PCM) policies and procedures.
- Serve as the mental health liaison between the medical unit, facility staff and PCM.
- Serve as the liaison for psychiatric/psychological services outside the facility.
- Provide input to facility administrator regarding treatment response and progress reports on inmates/patients on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Facilitate admission and placement of inmates/patients in forensic and community Mental Health facilities.
- Monitor all psychiatric/psychological clinical services provided.
- Monitor and document treatment response of inmate/patients.
- Ensure that complete, accurate, and timely entries are made for each inmate/patient contact.
- Work in harmony with mental health agency and legal system.
- Monitor the standards of care in accordance with NCCHC and accepted psychiatric/psychological standards. Application of standards form the basis for Quality Assurance criteria.
- Assess mental health status of inmate/patients who have been referred by a primary treatment provider and review with the psychiatrist/psychologist.
- All orders and re-orders of medications should be checked and verified to ensure inmate/patient does not have medication in the bin to fill the order.
- Develop and conduct in-service education programs according to annual in-service calendar.
- Prepare monthly reports, which reflect performance. Submit copy to Corporate Office.
- Keep facility administrator and HSA informed at all times of problem areas.
- Actively assist with the detection and prevention of inmate/patient suicide.