Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!"Overview
Our Psychiatric Registered Nurse has professional education and experience which indicates an adequate understanding of the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, issues of psychotropic medication compliance, and psychotropic medication effects and side effects.QualificationsEducation:
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Experience in the provision of nursing services in a psychiatric setting required
- RN license in state of practice
- Current CPR Certification
- Any other certifications (such as First Aid) required by contract
- Provide psychiatric nursing services under the direction of the Psychiatrist and Director of Nursing
- Maintain effective communications with the Facility and The Company staff
- Completion of specific duties and responsibilities as designated by the Psychiatrist and Mental Health Director/Mental Health Coordinator and as listed in the Post Duties. These duties include assessments, participation in treatment teams, committees, specific medication administration, psychiatrist appointment coordination, staff and patient education, infirmary care management planning and implementation, and functioning as needed as a liaison between the Mental Health and Medical Departments
- Implement specific treatments as ordered by the staff psychiatrist
- Provision of medication education to patients to inform them of the nature of psychotropic medication, the need for compliance with physician orders in taking medication, signs and symptoms of adverse drug reactions, and the need for patients to report problems with medication
- Responds to a code or health emergency within standard guidelines.
- Monitor patients for compliance with medication and for follow up by Psychiatrist as needed
- Provision of training in human behavior and/or mental health issues to institutional staff in accordance with institution's training program and as assigned by the Mental Health Director/Mental Health Coordinator
- Provision of education to patients regarding health, nutrition, and other adaptive behaviors, with the goal of fostering personal growth and well-being. This education will be coordinated with and in conjunction with the Psychiatrist, Director of Nursing and medical clinic staff
- Provision of documentation in the health record of individual patient's treatment progress and on monthly reports of staff member's clinical activities in accordance with the policies and procedures of The Company
- Provision of documentation in the health record as indicated in accordance with the policies and procedures of The Company, and as indicated by the Post Duties
- Participation in staff meetings and in-service training programs
- Inform the Psychiatrist, Mental Health Director/Mental Health Coordinator of any need for additional clinical supervision and/or proposals to improve the delivery of clinical services
- Compliance with employee standards of The Company and the Facility. Compliance includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance of a working environment and personal appearance consistent with professional responsibilities, development of harmonious working relationships, and timely notification to supervisory personnel of absences from the institution
- Responsible to provide direct psychiatric nursing and consultation services in accordance with the policies and procedures of The Company, the policies and regulations of the correctional Facility, and in accordance with the ethics and standards of the American Correctional Association and the National Commission on Correctional Health Care
- Responsible to network and communicate effectively with The Company, and Facility staff and off-site support agencies
- Responsible to maintain confidentiality of patient information in accordance with the policy and procedures of The Company and the Facility and the standards of the American Correctional Association, and the National Commission on Correctional Health Care
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer