Apply for this job now
Psychologist. Job in Bloomington Care Jobs
- Bloomington, Indiana
- Job Type
- Full Time
- 22 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
Our mission is simple: to provide quality healthcare to America's veterans through our healing focus, indebted hearts, and tireless resolve.
Valor Healthcare operates more than 50 VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in the United States as a contractor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Valor provides a full range of medical services to veterans through the operation of CBOCs, tailored to meet the specific needs of local VA medical centers. Our comprehensive set of services includes primary care, diagnostics, laboratory, telehealth, behavioral health, and this position comes with a $10,000.00 Sign-On Bonus.
Valor is different because of our people.
• Our leadership team is comprised of veterans and clinician leaders dedicated to providing exceptional care and a world-class patient experience for our Nation's Heroes.
• Many of our colleagues have veterans in their families or are veterans themselves, resulting in an individual commitment to customer service that is second to none.
Diagnoses and treats mental and behavioral health conditions. Provides supervision as needed to Mental Health Nurse Practitioners and social workers including psychosocial assessments, treatment planning, short-term, solution focused counseling, education and referral for resources and benefits, and case management. Develops program content and organizes & leads activities planned to enhance social development of individual members and accomplishment of group goals. Collaborates with the core PACT Team (Primary Care Provider, RN, and Medical Assistant) and expanded PACT Team including family/caregiver, VA, and community-based services involved in developing the patient care plan.
• Examines patient for symptoms of organic, congenital, or acquired disorders and determines nature and extent.
• Performs comprehensive examinations.
• Maintains confidentiality of patient data and information.
• Orders and performs diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures and interprets test results for deviations from normal and provides follow up care.
• Refers patient to the VA medical specialist when indicated.
• Refers patient to the CBOC Psychiatrist or Physician for prescription of medication and medication maintenance when required.
• Develop and implement patient management plans and assists in provision of continuity of care through the PCMM (Primary Care Management Module).
• Evaluates patients records from medical providers outside the VA and works with these patients utilizing rules set forth by the VA for co-managed care.
• Responsible for participating in Quality Assurance, Performance Improvement activities and staff meetings.
• Completes any and all clinical reminders "due" at the time of each patient visit.
• Fulfill compliance requirements of the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Joint Commission (JC), Environment of Care (EOC) oversight, lab compliance and other related items.
• Remain focused on achieving excellent clinical outcomes through the specified VA guidelines.
• Must provide excellent customer service to each veteran and his/her family, both in person and over the phone, as well as to fellow colleagues and clinic visitors.
• Participate in the clinic's outreach events to help support the clinic's enrollment initiatives.
• Support patient enrollment and retention in appointments, follow-up visits or nurse visits.
• Embrace and support new initiatives, whether clinical or operational.
• Doctor of Psychology Degree, from an APA approved program (with APA approved internship).
• Minimum 1-year of practice (treating adult patients).
• Valid, unrestricted license in the state of desired employment.
• Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (Must be renewed annually/as required).
• This is a considered a safety sensitive position.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Job Reference: 718678284-2
- Date Posted: 22 September 2022
- Employer: Valor Healthcare, Inc.
- Location: Bloomington, Indiana
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Other
- Job Type: Full Time