About the business
Family Services Australia (FSA) is a not-for-profit organisation offering a range of supportive services for children, young people, and adults across six integrated service streams. Together these service streams aim to create positive change in families under stress, as well as a safer and more caring environment for children and young people's development. The values and clinical and practice governance of FSA are articulated in a Therapeutic Practice Framework to ensure consistent delivery of high-quality care. FSA is at an exciting time in its evolution as a leading Not for Profit community service provider in Australia.
Job description About the role
- Founded in Illawarra-Shoalhaven NSW, we are continuing to grow our multi-disciplined services across the country. We have expanded from 2 to 34 sites across South East Queensland, Northern NSW, Shoalhaven, and the Illawarra.
- From 2016 - 2020 , our community reach has grown from 1,000 to 71,434 occasions of service per annum.
- Our new national headquarters is set at 3,000sqm at Family Services House, Illawarra-Shoalhaven Community Services Hub. This has enabled FSA to provide a community space where clients can be supported with continuous and integrated care from one easily accessible location.
- Across service streams, our Employee Satisfaction is at 88% and Client Satisfaction at 97.5%.
We are currently seeking Psychologists (including Clinical and Provisional Psychologists), Mental Health Social Workers, Mental Health Occupational Therapists, or Mental Health Nurses to join the team at FSA Psychology, including the newly launched Head to Health 'Pop Up Clinic' service. In this role, you will be providing individual psychological intervention to children, adolescents, or adults with a range of mental health diagnoses and presentations. Services may be provided in either child / adolescent or adult referral streams. Enjoy flexible working arrangements, with work from home options available.
We have offices located at our Shellharbour Family Services House, Nowra, Batemans Bay, Moruya, and Bega. Relocation packages are available for the right candidate!
You will join a large, collaborative, and supportive team of psychologists and work alongside all six FSA service streams within a thriving multidisciplinary environment. This is a unique opportunity to join a caring, supportive and award-winning community organisation, which has provided more than 30 years of trusted local support to clients and is now expanding to increase support to local communities. Benefits and perks
Skills and experience / essential criteria
- Remuneration is negotiable based on qualifications, skills and experience.
- Both contractor and salary models of employment will be considered.
- Professional, community-focused and person-centred team culture.
- Annual Training Needs Analysis and Training, Learning and Development Plan.
- Charity Salary Packaging A$15,900 tax-free.
- Rostered Days Off (RDOs).
- Access to internal supervision.
- Retainer contribution to external supervision.
- Paid Annual Family Days at Easter and Christmas.
- Registration with the Psychology Board of Australia (AHPRA) or AASW
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively plan and coordinate individualised psychological interventions for a diverse range of client presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high-quality assessment and evidence-based intervention to a diverse range of client presentations.
- Experience working from a trauma-informed framework and ensuring a high standard of care, quality assurance, and risk management for all clients.
- Excellent prioritisation and time management, with a demonstrated capacity to manage a dynamic caseload with varied presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated capacity for proactive liaison with relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capacity to implement principles of reflective practice and self-care within a team.
- Current Working with Children Check number.
- Current unrestricted Driver's Licence and willingness to travel as part of this role.
- Experience delivering creative interventions to young people with a range of psychological presentations.
- Having an approved Medicare provider number.
- Experience engaging with clients through a telehealth modality.
If you are interested in this position, please provide us with an up to date resume, cover letter addressing the selection criteria. Further inquiries can be directed to Family Services Australia and we will confidentially direct your enquiry. Thank you sincerely for your consideration, we advise that only final candidates will be contacted.
Part-time hours: 16-32 per week Job Type: Part-time