Are you a Qualified Social Worker - AMPH based in the LLandrindod Wells or Mid Powys area?
Are you motivated by supporting Adults to overcome challenges and to reach their full potential?
If so, then we have the role for you!
As well as working with a top local authority in the area, we are able to offer an attractive hourly rate.
We are proud to be the first tier supplier into Powys County Council , we will provide you with unique opportunities first and keep you informed of all QSW assignments.
The core components of the AMPH Social Worker role include:
- To assess and manage the complex needs of people with a mental health issue and their carers to ensure their health, wellbeing and promote social inclusion.
- To liaise with professionals to ensure seamless care pathways which safeguard and promote independence.
- To promote joint working which supports the person centred outcomes to be delivered for people with a mental health issue.
- To undertake safeguarding investigations as required.
- To assist the Local Authority to meet their statutory obligations under Mental Health Measure and the Social Services and Wellbeing (Wales) Act 2014 and others.
- Undertake the role of an AMHP to deliver on the Local Authorities statutory requirements within the MHA 1983.
Other additional duties include:
- To ensure the needs of people with mental health and their carers are assessed holistically, support negotiated, monitored and reviewed within the first six weeks
- Maintaining own allocated caseload.
- To assess risks to people with a mental health issues and others in a way that promotes independence of service users and their carers ensuring the necessary safeguards are in place.
- To make recommendations about allocating scarce resources are made. To ensure equal opportunity and respect for diversity and difference is promoted.
- To ensure social inclusion of isolated and vulnerable people is promoted.
- Abuse of vulnerable adults is investigated.To work collaboratively with other agencies.
- Accountable for actions through effective, accurate recording of decisions in line with policy and legislation.
- Safeguarding the welfare of a vulnerable person at immediate risk of harm.
- In working with people with mental health issues and carers, social workers seek to enhance their problem solving capacities in a way that support maximum independence and choice.
- Considering with people with mental health issues and their carers options to best meet assessed eligible needs and assist in making informed decisions.
- Mental Capacity Act assessments and Best Interests decisions alongside advocates where appropriate.
- Adopting a creative and holistic approach whilst exploring options.
- Professional Social Work qualification e.g. C.Q.S.W., DipSW, CSS
- 12 months post qualifying experience of working with people with mental health issues and their carers
- Experience of undertaking assessments of need and identifying and managing risks.
- Experience of complex casework
- Experience of care management across the range of health and social care settings
- Understanding of an individuals mental health needs and their carers needs
- Understanding of safeguarding and the issues affecting people with mental health needs and their carer
- Knowledge of current legislation, national guidance and best practice relevant to the post.
If you are interested in discussing the position further, please contact Ian Davies on for a confidential discussion.I have over 20 years experience in recruiting. If this particular role does not sound quite right for you, we have a wide selection of roles across the country that may not be advertised. please get in touch to see how we can support you!
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.