Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!"Overview
The RMHS assumes a consultant role within the field operations organization, meaning they provide guidance, direction and support of Mental Health programs as assigned by the RDMH. The RMHS will have a primary focus on supporting the needs of the RMHD and supporting and training mental health staff within the assigned region. Under the direction of the RMHD, the RMHS may also be responsible for providing diagnostic evaluations and therapy counseling using applied psychotherapy of a non-medical nature to persons served in compliance with all applicable licensure standards in the state from the appropriate state licensing board and federal rules and regulations.Additional Details
Excellent career growth opportunity. Experience within Correctional settings required.Extensive travel required and candidates must reside in the Northeast Region of the U.S.; VA, MD, PA, OH, NY, NJ, MA Management experience required.QualificationsEducation:
- Master's degree in psychology, social work or behavioral science field.
- Trained and licensed to practice independently as a Mental Health Professional e.g. LCSW, LMFT, LPC, PhD, PsyD
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in correctional healthcare. Experience in a Mental Health supervisory role at the site level is strongly preferred
- Multi-site support experience preferred
- Licensed to practice psychology, counseling or social work in the State by the appropriate state licensing board
- Licensing in all states within the assigned region is required for the incumbent
- Current (and must maintain) CPR certification
- The RMHS works closely with sites that may be experiencing poor patient outcomes, non-adherence to policy/procedure and any other poor performance metrics and keeps the RDMH abreast of such issues.
- The RMHS may assume the role of an MHC/MHP at the site level if there is an immediate need.
- May assist with start-ups.
- Monitor standards of care for the persons served using evidenced-based practices at each facility
- Ensure all staff are adequately trained/onboarded to meet the requirements of their positions
- Provide mental health training to the staff at designated locations.
- Under the direction of the RDMH, provides clinical support and supervision for staff through case consultations and debriefings including critical incident debriefings.
- Provide in-service trainings to staff to raise their level of understanding of mental illness and to create viable options for mental health programming within their facility
- Triages and conducts intakes, evaluations and/or assessments.
- Ensures staff are trained to make recommendations based on clinical findings
- Identifies and conducts essential treatment services when clinically indicated.
- Recommends and provides treatment plans.
- Assists staff with initiating involuntary hospitalization for those need to be transferred to outside facilities and generates appropriate paperwork.
- Ensures that staff are assessing for suicidal ideation, provide suicide prevention intervention and management of suicidal and high-risk persons.
- Ensure staff conduct daily rounds and evaluations to assess the treatment needs of persons served.
- Ensure staff conduct daily sick call, evaluate patients, obtain medication history, verify current medication consult with Healthcare prescribers/psychiatrist to continue psychotropic medications, and discuss conditions falling outside protocol perimeters
- Ensure staff are recommending medication evaluations to the prescriber and assisting in the management of medications, including identifying side effects
- May provide discharge planning services and ensures on site staff perform discharge planning services.
- Ensures on site staff are prepared to respond to and provides crisis intervention in psychiatric emergencies.
- Attends regular treatment team meetings and provides guidance for local teams as needed.
- Participates in CQI and/or QA studies and group sessions.
- Works effectively with all staff including operations, security, healthcare and administrative staff
- Provide on-call services as needed
- Provides staff training in relevant mental health issues, crisis intervention and related topics.
- Document all patient encounters, providing written summaries of history, diagnosis and treatment course.
- Provides services in compliance with Facility and Company Safety and Mental Health Policies and Procedures
- May assist the RDMH in the interview process, orientation and training of staff. Completing performance evaluations, peer reviews, psychological autopsy reports, and performance improvement plans
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability EmployerAdditional Location 1 : Name
Frederick County Adult Detention CenterAdditional Location 1 : External ID/Site Code
4019Additional Location 1 : Division
Local GovernmentAdditional Location 1 : Territory
NortheastAdditional Location 1 : Address Line 1
7300 Marcies Choice LnAdditional Location 1 : City
FrederickAdditional Location 1 : State/Province
MDAdditional Location 1 : Country
USAdditional Location 1 : Postal Code
21704Additional Location 2 : Name
Montgomery County Correctional CenterAdditional Location 2 : External ID/Site Code
4033Additional Location 2 : Division
Local GovernmentAdditional Location 2 : Territory
NortheastAdditional Location 2 : Address Line 1
22880 Whelan LaneAdditional Location 2 : City
BoydsAdditional Location 2 : State/Province
MDAdditional Location 2 : Country
USAdditional Location 2 : Postal Code
20841Additional Location 3 : Name
Worcester County Jail - MAAdditional Location 3 : External ID/Site Code
0435Additional Location 3 : Division
Local GovernmentAdditional Location 3 : Territory
NortheastAdditional Location 3 : Address Line 1
5 Paul X. Tivnan DriveAdditional Location 3 : City
West BoylstonAdditional Location 3 : State/Province
MAAdditional Location 3 : Country
USAdditional Location 3 : Postal Code
01583Additional Location 4 : Name
Hudson County Correctional CenterAdditional Location 4 : External ID/Site Code
1150Additional Location 4 : Division
Local GovernmentAdditional Location 4 : Territory
NortheastAdditional Location 4 : Address Line 1
35 South Hackensack AvenueAdditional Location 4 : City
KearnyAdditional Location 4 : State/Province
NJAdditional Location 4 : Country
USAdditional Location 4 : Postal Code
07032Additional Location 5 : Name
Orange County Detention CenterAdditional Location 5 : External ID/Site Code
0967Additional Location 5 : Division
Local GovernmentAdditional Location 5 : Territory
NortheastAdditional Location 5 : Address Line 1
110 Wells Farm RoadAdditional Location 5 : City
GoshenAdditional Location 5 : State/Province
NYAdditional Location 5 : Country
USAdditional Location 5 : Postal Code
10924Additional Location 6 : Name
Rowan County Detention CenterAdditional Location 6 : External ID/Site Code
0312Additional Location 6 : Division
Local GovernmentAdditional Location 6 : Territory
South CentralAdditional Location 6 : Address Line 1
115 West Liberty StreetAdditional Location 6 : City
SalisburyAdditional Location 6 : State/Province
NCAdditional Location 6 : Country
USAdditional Location 6 : Postal Code
28147Additional Location 7 : Name
Columbus County JailAdditional Location 7: External ID/Site Code
7747Additional Location 7: Division
Local GovernmentAdditional Location 7: Territory
South CentralAdditional Location 7 : Address Line 1
805 Washington StreetAdditional Location 7 : City
WhitevilleAdditional Location 7 : State/Province
NCAdditional Location 7 : Country
USAdditional Location 7 : Postal Code
28472Additional Location 8 : Name
Crawford County JailAdditional Location 8 : External ID/Site Code
7296Additional Location 8 : Division
Local GovernmentAdditional Location 8 : Territory
NortheastAdditional Location 8 : Address Line 1
3613 Stetzer RoadAdditional Location 8 : City
BucyrusAdditional Location 8 : State/Province
OHAdditional Location 8 : Country
USAdditional Location 8 : Postal Code
44820Additional Location 9 : Name
Warren County JuvenileAdditional Location 9 : External ID/Site Code
7409Additional Location 9 : Division
Local GovernmentAdditional Location 9 : Territory
NortheastAdditional Location 9 : Address Line 1
570 Justice DriveAdditional Location 9 : City
LebanonAdditional Location 9 : State/Province
OHAdditional Location 9 : Country