Rocasa Consulting are looking for a Registered Manager of KIDS 7 bed Overnight Short Breaks Home in Almondsbury you would manage the home in accordance with all relevant legislation policies and procedures, ensuring the home meets all Ofsted requirements paying up to £45K per annum DOE
The main duties of this role are:
- To ensure the service is delivered and developed in line with all relevant policies and procedures, including Health & Safety and risk assessments.
- To ensure familiarity with procedures and policy statements and to work within the Children's Act 2004 and to meet OFSTED Standards.
- To ensure the service is delivered and developed in line with the Children's Homes Guide, the Department for Education Children's Homes Guidance and Regulations and any other applicable legislation/regulatory guidance.
- To arrange and attend meetings, as and when required, including visits to the young person's home or school review meetings.
- To work with Children and Young People, who may have substantial personal care and/or medical needs and also may display behaviours that challenge.
- To act as primary interface between the Children and Young People's, placing authorities. A professional attitude and approach must be insisted upon at all times.
- To facilitate a warm accepting environment where the physical, emotional, health, social (including play & leisure), educational, communication, cultural and spiritual needs of children and young people can be met and ensuring that short breaks are a positive experience.
- To line manage staff providing support and supervision, ensuring job satisfaction through professional and personal development.
- To develop training and induction programmes to ensure standards of care is of the highest quality.
- To ensure the environment within the home offers sufficient stimulation and guidance of leisure pursuits, together with an opportunity for personal, social, emotional and intellectual development.
- To provide sound financial management in line with the contract requirements and monitoring of the budget
- To develop a positive relationship with every child/young person, their parent(s)/carers and significant others.
- Be an advocate for each Child and Young Person, and to ensure that their rights and choices are recognised and respected.
The right candidate will need to have:
- Two years' experience of working with disabled children and Young People.
- One year's experience of working in a residential setting in a senior capacity.
- The ability to plan, budget and administer finances.
- The ability to lead staff and operations in a manner that delivers the best possible care for disabled Children and Young People.
- To be able to take responsibility for the administration of Medication, within the home, in line with Medication Policy.
- A strong belief in continuous improvement.
- A qualification relevant to working with children, at either NVQ level 4/5 or the DipSW (or equivalent).
- A qualification at level 4/5 NVQ in management (or equivalent).
- Demonstrable experience of effective management of staff groups.