Could you bring your valued experience as a Registered Midwife to support patients at Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust?
Here at NHS Professionals, we're with you. When you want to work. How you want to work. Supporting your lifestyle.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for experienced Registered Midwives to join the NHS Professionals staff bank, who must have at least 6 months of UK NHS experience to apply to support a wide range of flexible shifts covering days, nights, and weekends.
A little about the Trust
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust provides a wide range of hospital-based and community services across Worcestershire with specialist services including oncology, radiotherapy, stroke services and cardiac stenting. Nestled between Birmingham and the Cotswolds, with excellent road, bus and rail links, Worcestershire provides the opportunity to experience both city and country life.
Popular shift patterns are available, such as 07.30 - 15.30 and 20.45 - 07.45, but our Trusts are open to different start/finish times and lines of work (e.g. short-shifts during school hours).
Pay Rates*:Days: £19.38 per hourSaturdays/Nights: £25.19 per hourSunday/Bank Hols: £31.00 per hour
*Pay rates may vary depending on Trust, experience, any incentives that are running, and are subject to change.
Supporting our NHS
Not only are we with you, but we're also helping to support our NHS. Demand for additional support in our NHS is increasing. Everyone's efforts are truly appreciated, whether you can work a small number of shifts or longer-term block bookings, we have a wide range of shifts through the bank available to suit you.
What will be your main responsibilities?
The role will involve, but not be limited to you performing the following:
- Assessing the needs of women, partners, families, and carers
- Plan, deliver and evaluate standards of evidence-based midwifery care
- Providing full antenatal care, including parenting classes, clinical examinations and screening
- Identifying high-risk pregnancies
- Monitoring women and supporting them during labour and the birthing process
- Teaching new and expectant mothers how to feed, care for and bathe their babies
- Displaying excellent analytical ability and sound decision making in changing clinical situations
- Recognising deterioration in the physical or mental condition of a patient and taking appropriate action / escalation
- Recognising, responding to, and managing emergency situations
- Providing emotional support during difficult situations
- Assisting in the development of new staff, students, and colleagues
- Working as an effective team member and promoting team and interdisciplinary relationships
- Recognising limitations and escalating concerns
To apply for this post, you will/have:
- A minimum of 6 months paid experience as a Registered Midwife
- Comply with NMC Professional Registration and keep up to date with current practices
- Completed Preceptorship Programme
- Be proficient in the delivery of care to patients
- Practice as an accountable midwife in an acute and primary care setting
- Able to make appropriate clinical decisions in light of research, evidence, informed choice and individual circumstances
- Ensure accurate records are kept in accordance with CHS policy and NMC guidelines
- Carry out procedures and techniques in accordance with agreed policies and standards
- Undertake regular mandatory training*
*Depending on the Trust, you may require variable additional certification and skills.
In return for your hard work and commitment, NHS Professionals (NHSP) offers you some fantastic benefits:
- Competitive pay rates
- First choice of shifts or placements at your Trust - access before they are made available to agency
- Varied working options to suit your lifestyle - access to the Bank gives you options of ad hoc shifts or fixed term placements
- Training and development opportunities
- Build holiday allowance for every shift you work
- Manage your shifts and timesheets on the go - access your "My Bank" shift portal anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
- Essential support when you need it - 24/7 365 days - Call us anytime
- Stakeholder pension scheme available
Who are NHS Professionals?
We are owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), running England's largest NHS staff bank, with over 50 client Trusts. We specialise in flexible working, which means giving our members greater access to shifts, in line with their qualifications and training. Every year we help thousands of dedicated candidates and highly skilled NHS workers enjoy better career opportunities, access to more shifts and a healthier work-life balance, giving more choice and control to our members.
Right now, we have members across England registered on our bank from various roles, grades, and specialities, saving the NHS millions each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS to provide better patient care.
By joining us today, you can start looking forward to a choice of flexible Bank shifts across any of our client Trusts in England, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in a number of wards or areas.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.