Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Full Time Night, 7p-7:30a, Registered Nurse Acute Med Surg you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you - at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. Currently offering up to a $15,000 sign-on bonus based on experience with 1 year of RN experience required and 2 year work commitment. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Terre Haute Regional Hospital which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At Terre Haute Regional Hospital, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Terre Haute Regional Hospital!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Terre Haute Regional Hospital is seeking a self-motivated, compassionate tea player to join our amazing Acute Med/Surg unit to ensure that we can continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. As part of the Acute Med Surg Team, you will be required to plan, assess, implement and evaluate ongoing delivery of care in a holistic manner while assisting management/charge nurse with responsibilities as needed.
What will you do in this role:
- You will demonstrate ability to work with and effectively communicate with all patients, family members, physicians and employees in a tactful and cooperative manner.
- As a member of our team you will set priorities and modify patient care in response to changing and sometimes stressful situations by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgement.
- Some key responsibilities for you in this role will be to perform prescribed treatments and evaluate patient's signs and symptoms while observing and recording patient reactions to medication, I.V. therapy, blood transfusions and other treatments into Meditech.
- You will coordinate both patient admission and discharge plans with case manager, patient and family while maintaining a written plan of nursing care or critical pathways and communicating clinical outcomes as well as needed education to patient and/or family.
- Members of our team actively participate in the orientation of new personnel, and have willingness to identify or assume activities relative to the developmental needs of unit and the nursing department.
What qualifications will you need for this role:
- Current State of Indiana Registered Nurse License or active RN Compact state licensure
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, Associates degree required
- BLS must be maintained throughout employment with Terre Haute Regional Hospital
Terre Haute Regional Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1882. We give patient's access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 275+ bed hospital is a leading acute care facilities in Indiana. Terre Haute is the only full-service hospital in the area accredited by The Joint Commission. We have provided quality care to the Wabash Valley community for 135 years. Services include the region's only Level-II trauma center, cardiovascular services-including open-heart surgery and cardiac catheterization; oncology services, which include radiation therapy and outpatient infusion; labor and delivery, including a neonatal intensive care unit; an inpatient behavioral health unit; and other specialized inpatient areas, including intensive care and inpatient rehabilitation units.
At Terre Haute Regional Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, people and our community. We are committed to each other. When we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do." - Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse Acute Med Surg opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.