Are you up for living and working in the beautiful NSW Outback, devoid of traffic and commuting?
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $65,692.82 - $92,236.06 per annum + Super
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ263881
Location: Broken Hill NSW 2880
About the Opportunity
- Perform specialist Mental Health and Drug and alcohol assessment, care planning and case management services for people experiencing mental health and drug and alcohol problems
- Provide important MHDA education and training, promotion and prevention activities for communities, key services and carers
- Working in a smaller, rural health team will allow you to develop your skills with the opportunity to work across a diverse caseload
- This role is suited for a passionate individual who wants to help improve mental health outcomes for some of the most vulnerable communities in NSW
- If you're looking for career progression and professional development with the ability to make a real difference, then this is the job for you!
- Extra week paid annual leave every year
- Salary packaging (pay less tax!)
- Paid Allocated Day Off (ADO) Every Month
- Isolation & climate allowance
- Heavily subsidised staff accommodation (subject to availability)
- Remote Area Housing Assistance Benefits
- Special rates at local gyms
- Employee Meal Card
- Support through advanced education & training
- A comfortable country lifestyle that supports balance & wellbeing
About Broken Hill
A true "Oasis in the Outback", Broken Hill is a thriving regional town in far west NSW full of diversity, history and character. Being Australia's first city to be Nationally Heritage Listed, Broken Hill is a culturally rich town with a vibrant art scene with over 20 galleries (more than pubs)! The unique attractions, festivals and beautiful natural landscapes see tourists flock from all over, but the ones who stay quickly fall in love with the place and its livability.
With a population just shy of 20,000, Broken Hill is small enough to allow for a relaxed country lifestyle, while big enough to provide all the desired facilities of a regional hub including major supermarkets and retail stores, excellent schools (7 primary & 2 high), multiple gyms & aquatic centre, well-known fast food franchises and a plethora of trendy restaurants, pubs and cafés.
The beautiful Murray-Riverina region is just 2.5 hours from Broken Hill, and after a short, 5-hour drive you can enjoy the beautiful Barossa Valley - South Australia's internationally acclaimed wine region. For a town so unique, it's really not that far away with just a short 1hr15m flight from Adelaide, a 2hr flight from Melbourne or a 2hr30m flight from Sydney.
Broken Hill truly is a town like no other with a supportive community that will welcome you with open arms. We can't wait to see you soon!
- Current unrestricted Registered Nurse registration with the Australian Health Professionals Regulation Agency (AHPRA) with a minimum of two years clinical experience working in the drug and alcohol sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in drug and alcohol clinical practices and treatment interventions.
- Demonstrated application of evidence based practice and critical thinking to advocate for and implement recovery oriented individualised person centred and trauma informed care to clients of the Drug and Alcohol service
- Demonstrated commitment to work and partner with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander consumers and their families to enhance health outcomes.
- Evidence of participation in own professional development and commitment to maintaining competence and enhancement of skills together with willingness to apply and share professional expertise with colleagues and students.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills including the verbal and written ability to communicate and consult with clients, family and/or carers and other health, community and welfare professionals together with intermediate computer skills including use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of electronic information systems and the ability to maintain accurate medical records utilising appropriate documentation and entering data related to activity in a timely manner.
- Current licence to drive in NSW
About the Far West LHD
The Far West Local Health District is the westernmost LHD under NSW Health, providing high quality public health services to the communities in far west NSW. Our vision is to create "excellence in rural and remote healthcare". The key to our success is our diverse and inclusive workforce. We employ over 800 clinicians and support staff across 9 health facilities in Broken Hill, Balranald, Dareton, Ivanhoe, Menindee, Tibooburra, Wentworth, White Cliffs and Wilcannia. We encourage you to consider joining our friendly team for a meaningful and rewarding career in rural and remote healthcare.
Be the difference. Change lives.
Need more information?
Click here for the Position Description
For role related queries or questions contact Jack Cocking on
Applications Close: 24/10/2021