Wage: £18.00/hour To: 18.50/hour
Minimum Hours: 36 hours per week
Our client are currently looking for a Registered Nurse to join their team. They are able to offer new and exciting career opportunities for individuals that are keen to work within an organisation that does the utmost to ensure we provide an outstanding standard of care.
Their philosophy of service delivery aims to provide a high standard of quality care and support reflecting an ethos of respect for people by treating them with dignity and ensuring that their right to privacy, safety and security is maintained.
They are an independent health and social care provider established in 2007. The company provides a range of services within residential, nursing and learning disability registered homes for adults. The range of services provided are for people living with dementia, mental ill health, autistic spectrum disorders, learning disabilities, complex needs and people who may present with behaviours of concern as well as those that are frail and elderly.
To achieve the highest possible standards of care in a professional manner through direct clinical care and competent leadership of nursing staff.
Tasks & Duties
- To maintain high standards of quality care for all service users on the basis of the person-centred-care approach which is specific to the service users assessed specific individualised care needs.
- To establish affective liaison with other healthcare professionals e.g. GPs, Physiotherapist, Hospitals, Social Workers, Case Manager, etc.
- To abide by and adhere to the regulations Health and Social Care Act 2008 concerning the Registration and Inspection of Residential, Nursing, Step-Down, Supported living or LD Care provision and practices.
- To support in planning and promoting a social activities programme for the service users.
- To assist in marketing activities and functions for the Facility or Company.
- To act in a professional manner at all times and to uphold the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- To undertake the role of a Named Nurse for a named group of service users.
- To co-operate with the Manager in maintaining an on-call Rota.
- To plan and implement a high standard of care for service users which is evaluated at regular intervals and maintain Care Plans and other records.
- To administer medicines and adhere to the Regulations regarding the Administration of Medicine.
- To order and maintain adequate stock levels of disposables and other items in a cost effective manner and maintain records.
- To admit new service users and complete the appropriate documentation.
- To undertake nursing procedures and clinical treatments as required and assist service users through direct care.
- To undertake ordering of drugs including controlled drugs and ensure appropriate records are maintained.
- To assess potential service users prior to admission in their current abode as requested by the Manager according to the Care Quality Commission Essential Standards for Quality and Safety 2010.
- To act as the designated First Aider as needed.
- To ensure that the service users lifestyle is maintained in accordance with Trust Care Management Ltd Company s Philosophy of Care and Service Users Charter.
- To ensure that the Company s Code of Conduct is maintained at all times.
Staff in service training
- To ensure that adequate staffing levels and Rotas are maintained as agreed by the Manager.
- To supervise and lead all nursing staff.
- To assist in the induction programmes for new staff.
- To supervise, mentor and support in-service training programmes.
- To implement the appropriate in-service training programme for care staff.
- To supervise and monitor students and supervised placement students.
- To inform the Manager of the suitability of care staff and qualified nurses during the induction process.
- Participate in training programmes which may be required by Law or by Company Standards.
- To ensure that all the Company s Quality Procedures, Policies and Work Practices are adhered to by the nursing staff.
- To participate in regular fire drills and ensure that all staff within the Home participate.
- To establish a co-operative, positive professional relationships with the multi-disciplinary team.
- To improve professional knowledge and competence through CPD Training.
- To establish and maintain good communication links with the community e.g. Health Authority, Social Services, Local Churches and voluntary bodies.
- To report to the Manager any accidents, complaints, thefts and mishaps at the facility including the action taken and to provide a written account of the incident or accident.
- To develop good personal contact with service users and relatives or their representatives and all visitors to the facility.
- To co-operate and maintain good working relationships with all staff in the facility and with Head Office staff.
- To attend staff meetings as requested by the Manager.
- To promote the good name of the facility and the Company at all times.
- To deputise for the Manager in his/her absence.
- To comply with the regulations in respect of Health & Safety at Work, environmental Health, Fire Procedures, etc and to abide by the Company s Health & Safety policy.
- To ensure the correct storage, use and control of Hazardous Substances in compliance with COSHH regulations.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To maintain the Quality Standards and report any non-conformances in the correct manner.
- To notify the Manager of any hazards or faulty equipment in the Facility.
- To ensure a constant and detailed liaison with the Manager.
- To order and maintain levels of stock as required and to be aware of and manage effective cost control.
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Manager in order to continue the smooth running of the Facility.
- Be Open and Transparent
- Demonstrate Accountability
- Display Integrity
- Act Inclusively
- Be Proud
- Share Knowledge Always
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults. We require you to understand and demonstrate this commitment
- First Level Registered Nurse Mental Health Nurse Learning Disability Nurse or equivalent
- Minimum of two years nursing experience and experience of working with either Elderly those suffering from Dementia Brain Injuries Mental Health or Learning Disabilities is preferred
What our client offers
- Permanent Contract
- Funded Mandatory Training
- Opportunity to take part in bespoke training & gain qualifications relevant to your role
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Mental Health First Aider
- Excellent Opportunity for career growth and development
- Pension Scheme (contribution 3% by employer and 5% by employee)