Registered Nurse Level 2 - Clinical Trials Co-ordinator (Job Number: 01YB9) Description
Canberra Health Services
Office of the CEO
Clinical Trials Support Unit
Clinical Trials Co-ordinator
Registered Nurse Level 2
Temporary full time (Part-Time will be considered)
12 Months with the possibility of extension
The Canberra Hospital, Garran ACT
Base Annual Salary
$94,409 - $100,061
27 October 2021 Our Vision:
creating exceptional health care together.Our Role
: to be a health service that is trusted by our community.Our Values:
Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind. Position Overview
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. More information can be found on the CHS website: The Clinical Trials Support Unit provides support for the conduct of clinical research at Canberra Hospital. The Unit currently has active trials in varying stages ranging from ethics submissions to trial close outs. The number of participants in each trial varies from approximately 1 to 1000 participants. These trials are either Pharmaceutical Sponsored trials, while others are Observational or Investigator Led trials that are funded by grants such as the National Health and Medical Research Council.
The Clinical Trials Coordinator provides key support to and coordination of clinical research projects undertaken by the Clinical Trials Support Unit at Canberra Hospital. The projects will vary and may involve the evaluation of interventional therapies in randomised controlled trials. The main responsibilities of the Clinical Trials Coordinator will be to act as "key" person for all aspects of planning, conduct, implementation, and management of a clinical trial including ethics and governance approvals, contractual and regulatory management in collaboration of other clinical trial staff. They will act as a contact responsible for ensuring milestones are achieved and conduct of the trial is compliant with Good Clinical Practice. They work is under the general direction of the Director of Clinical Trials and Manager of Clinical Trials. Duties
Under limited direction of the Clinical Trials Manager, you will perform Clinical Trial Co-ordinator duties for the Clinical Trials Support Unit. You will be responsible for:
- The co-ordination and daily conduct of Multicentre Phase 1, Phase 2 and Phase 3 clinical trials, and local research in collaboration with local Investigators.
- Preparation of documentation and budgets for ethics and governance submissions.
- Preparation of study materials, such as information sheets and advertisements.
- Assist in the identification, recruitment, screening, assessment, randomisation and follow up of participating patients, including study specified scheduling of investigations and treatments.
- Preparation and maintenance of clinical notes and data entry into electronic case report forms and updating relevant databases.
- Liaise with clinical trial sponsors, monitors and associated medical, nursing, pharmacy, imaging and pathology staff.
- Willingness to develop within the Clinical Trial Coordinator role, by continuing professional education and attending research and investigator meetings
- Undertake other duties appropriate to this level of classification which contribute to the operation of the organisation.
CHS is committed to workforce diversity and to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from all diversity groups. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, or Questioning (LGBTIQ) are encouraged to apply. Behavioural Capabilities
- Displays critical thinking skills and forms defensible conclusions based on evidence and sound judgement.
- Adaptability and flexibility to accommodate change and provide responsive services to meet clients' needs.
- Strong organisational skills with a strong work ethic.
Be registered or be eligible for registration as a Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). Academic knowledge or practical experience of clinical trials coordination is preferred.
The successful applicant will need to be available for occasional after-hours work.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Have an understanding of how the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) indicators align with this role.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in alignment to the CHS Exceptional Care Framework, Clinical Governance Framework, Partnering With Consumers Framework and all other related frameworks.
- Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening and vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases.
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
This is a temporary available for a period of 12 months with the possibility of extension. Part-Time hours will be considered and the full time salary noted above would be paid pro rata. What You Require
These are the key selection criteria for how you will be assessed in conjunction with your resumé and experience:
1.Proven nursing and clinical trials experience, preferably including experience in an outpatient setting.
2.Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing with patients, Clinical Trials Team and Multidisciplinary Groups, and establish relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
3.Experience in project planning and project management, delivery of outcomes, goals, deliverables, assessing work priorities and managing conflicting deadlines.
4.Demonstrated competency with computer software packages in the Microsoft Office suite, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook.
5.Demonstrates understanding of, and adherence to, safety and quality standards, Work, Health and Safety (WHS) and the positive patient experience. Displays behaviour consistent with CHS's values of reliable, progressive, respectful and kind. How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through the e-recruitment system. Applications must include a copy of a current resumé, and
- A response to the selection criteria under "what you require" in no more than two pages.
Where possible include specific relevant examples of your work. Job:
Registered Nurses & Midwives Salary Range:
94,,061.00 Contact Name
: Katherine Johnson Contact Email
: Closing Date
: 27/Oct/2021, 7:59:00 AM