We are seeking several Full time RN candidates with one or more years of relevant experience as well as experienced nurses seeking to broaden their skills by transitioning to a new specialty. We will also consider recent RN grads. 12-hour shifts, working every other weekend. This position will practice primary mental health nursing that focuses on relationship-based care at one of Ohio's leading private psychiatric facilities.
The successful applicant will excel at therapeutic communication and demonstrate the ability to provide assessment and develop therapeutic treatment interventions for patients hospitalized with psychiatric illnesses and/or addictions.
Education/Experience: BSN preferred. Previous psychiatric experience preferred.
Certifications, Licensure, and Registrations: Current unrestricted license to practice nursing in the state of Ohio; current CPR certification. CPI certification (Crisis Prevention Intervention) will be provided by the facility.
Base Pay Starting at $27.00 per hour - based on experience and education - Plus shift differential for night & weekend shifts
Tuition Reimbursement Offered
Responsible for providing professional nursing care to patients with a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude to foster a supportive and therapeutic environment. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
- Provide and coordinate care by assessing physical and behavioral health needs of patients, develop and implement nursing care plans, maintain medical records and educate patients and their families about various physical and behavioral health conditions.
- Provide nursing care and services within the standards and scope of nursing practice as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act regulations, policies, procedures, and protocols, as well as facility and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ensure physician's orders are legible if taken verbally and transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
- Ensure patient's status is assessed on an ongoing basis and pertinent information gathered is documented.
- Collaborate with others to ensure that all patients' physical, biopsychosocial, age, developmental, and cultural needs are met and when they are not met, acknowledges and works to resolve customer complaints.
- Notify physician of significant changes in status such as difficulties with detox, medical emergency, or change in medical status regarding response to medications, etc.
- Ensure nursing treatment plans are specific to assessed needs and initial treatment plan is completed upon admission.
- Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of universal precautions in providing direct patient care.
- Accurately administer medications per ordered note and document accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on required documents.
- Responsible for completing admission and discharge processed efficiently and accurately as directed.
- Exhibit therapeutic rapport with patients by maintaining professional boundaries, being respectful to personal space, giving patients direct attention, and maintaining rational detachment.
- Provide direction or coordinate the activities of the unit as directed.
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patients, visitors, coworkers, and others involved in patient treatment in an effective manner.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing is required.
- One or more years of nursing experience within the clinical area of service provided by the facility is preferred.
- Current RN license as required by the state of GA
- CPR and de-escalation and restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
- First aid may be required based on state or facility requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)