Duke Homecare & Hospice
Duke Homecare & Hospice offers hospice, home health and infusion services as well as serves as the home for the Duke Caregiver Support Program. Our Hospice team works closely with a patientâ€ s physician to provide comprehensive, individualized care in the comfort their home or at our inpatient hospice facility located in Durham. Our team of nurses, therapists, social workers, counselors, and chaplains help patients and their families manage advanced medical conditions.
Duke Home Health provides services in a patientâ€ s home that include skilled nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, social service, home health aides, and pain and wound management. Our infusion team comes to a patientâ€ s home to administer intravenous medications, including antibiotics and chemotherapy, to children and adults. Our nurses, pharmacists, dietitians, and patient services coordinators work under the direction of a patientâ€ s doctor to monitor needs and treatment.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
To have the opportunity to speak to someone further about this position, please click this link to schedule with a recruiter: Watch this video to learn more about the skills you will gain from working in the home health setting!
(29) Home Health Nursing Requires You to Use all of Your Skills - YouTube Watch this video to learn how Duke Home Health is different than other Home Health providers:
(29) Why Working for Duke Home Health is Better - YouTube The Duke HomeCare and Hospice program serves 9 counties and within a 60-mile radius, and our Home Infusion Program offers multi-state coverage (NC, SC, VA). Our team is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time. This role will have a mix of home health and behavioral health patients.
Shift: Monday-Friday 8:30AM-5PM
Duke HomeCare and Hospice differs from other home health companies in many amazing ways. Please see a list of some of those reasons below:
- No call
- Manageable caseloads and territories
- Commitment to safety for both patients and employees
- Mileage reimbursement rate equal to the federal rate of $0.58/mile
- Extensive orientation of 10-20 weeks based on individual needs
- As a Home Health Registered Nurse with Duke University Health System, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a patient-centered atmosphere.
- The Home Health Registered Nurse is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department.
- Plan and provide advanced and/or specialized nursing care for patients in guided by DUHS Professional Practice model participate in the clinical ladder program, educational activities, departmental committees, research projects or other health related projects as assigned.
- Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Adheres to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
- Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- Previous work experience (1+ years) as a clinical nurse is preferred;
- Behavioral Health Nurse requirements: 1 year of recent nursing experience in an acute treatment unit in a psychiatric hospital, psychiatric home care, psychiatric partial hospitalization program, or other outpatient psychiatric services.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (or higher) is highly preferred for the BH RN role.
- All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS (or higher) certification required.(If expired, this training will be provided during orientation.)
- Professional specialty certification (preferred).
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.