Location : Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
Salary : £16.98 per hour ( £37,084 per annum based on 42 hours p/w )
Hours : Full Time and Part Time hours available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 24 hours or 42 hours)
Shifts : Days or Nights or mixed shifts available, you can choose depending on your preference
Company / Hospital information:
- An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified or experienced staff nurse to work within a very positive, friendly and supportive specialist hospital for men with learning disabilities and associated complex needs who may also have behaviours that challenge. The service is split into 2 wards, there are 17 beds on the main ward and a further 9 step-down beds where there is an increased focus on daily living skills, enabling individuals to test out their independent living before further community integration.
- The hospital is rated 'Outstanding' by the CQC. The hospital has a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The culture of the hospital is very team orientated and the Managers have an open-door policy and are very approachable and respectful; everyone's contribution is valued. The have an On-Site forestry school where individuals learn about bushcraft and survival skills and an allotment where individuals can learn to grow their own crops. Education and music tutors attend the service weekly.
- You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. They are one of the UK's leading providers for mental health care.
Your Job Role:
- Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments & observations
- Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, & improve quality
- Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
- Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives & other healthcare professionals
- Administer medicines within healthcare procedure & Healthcare Commission guidelines
- The hospital has a strong commitment to provide support for newly qualified nurses. This is via a purpose built, structured and comprehensive preceptorship programme. The programme is completed over a 12 week period where you will be a fully supernumerary nurse. This allows you to fully immerse yourself into learning aspects of your new role, whilst having a nurse mentor to work alongside.
Are you ?
- A newly qualified or experienced Registered Nurse ( RMN or RNLD or RGN ) ? The service welcomes applications from Mental Health Nurses, Learning Disability Nurses and Adult Nurses. Full training and support will be given by your own designated mentor.
- A Registered Nurse with a valid NMC pin and full eligibility to live and work in the UK?
- Passionate, caring, fun and energetic, with a genuine commitment and desire to make a difference to the lives of the service users we care for every day?
- Committed to your own personal development and growth, and to the development of our nursing services?
Benefits on offer:
- Increase in hourly rate after 18 months of employment
- NHS & employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by the Company
- Thorough Preceptorship Programme for Newly Qualified Nurses
- A fantastic 2-week induction & shadowing period to support & ease you into your new job
- Flexible working opportunities
- Bespoke career pathways and genuine career development opportunities at all levels
- A positive and friendly staff culture
- Group Pension Scheme - the company provides a monthly contribution into your pot every month you actively pay in
- Enhanced Maternity Pay - in addition to statutory pay, the company provides enhanced maternity pay
- Free Health Cash Plan - the company has teamed with Simply Health to offer all employees a free Health Cash Plan which is an employer-funded plan where you can claim back Optical, Physiotherapy and Dental Care.
- Free Eye Tests
- Free Life Assurance Cover
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- RCNi membership
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, I would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV / click apply. If you would like more information about this position, please call Erin Giles on (phone number removed) or (phone number removed) or email a copy of your CV to (url removed)
My purpose is to find make finding a new job as smooth and stress-free as possible. I will support you from application stage, to helping you prepare for the interview, to negotiating offers, onboarding and beyond. I want to make sure you feel informed and supported at all stages. All enquiries and applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
RGN / RMN / RNLD / NURSE / REGISTERED NURSE / NMC PIN / HEALTHCARE / CLINICAL