Behavioral Health Assessor /PASRR Evaluator
Looking for: Registered Nurse, Licensed Social Worker, LMHP, LIMHP, CMSW, LCSW, CSW, or Psychologist
* Are you an experienced PASRR Evaluator looking for a new challenge?
* Are you motivated, energetic, and excited to become part of the Kepro team?
If so, you might be our next new team member!
Note: This is a work from home position, where you will do site visits primarily at hospitals and nursing homes in the Scottsbluff area. When you are not doing site visits, you will enjoy flexibility in schedule that comes with a work from home position.
Who we need:
In this meaningful role, you will complete face-to-face, clinical assessments of individuals with mental illness and/or intellectual disability to ensure they are receiving the care that they need to be successful. Assessments typically occur in nursing homes or hospital settings. Evaluators assess level of care needs and provide determinations and recommendations for ongoing care. Assessments are completed with the use of our electronic system which supports the creation of all determinations and notifications for distribution to the applicable parties.
Kepro is a rapidly growing national quality improvement and care management organization. We work to ensure that over 20 million people receive the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
People Focused. Mission Driven.
Shape the future of healthcare with us. We are mission driven to improve lives through healthcare quality and clinical expertise.
We do this through our people.
At Kepro, you can do meaningful work that makes a real difference for the lives of individuals across the country. We are an organization that cares deeply about our employees and we provide the training and support to do the best work of your career.
Benefits are a key component of your rewards package at Kepro. These benefits are designed to provide you and your family additional protection, security, and support for both your career and your life away from work. They are comprehensive and fit a variety of needs and situations. Our benefits include comprehensive health plans, paid time off, retirement savings, corporate wellness, educational assistance, corporate discounts and more.
What youll do:
* Conducts member and/or provider assessments, audits, training and consultation to assure plans and interventions are appropriate. As appropriate, monitors and evaluates the services and community based resources necessary to respond to the individual members health needs.
* Uses independent judgment, clinical knowledge/competence, communication skills, problem solving and conflict resolution to ensure optimal member, provider and client outcomes with consideration to payor requirements.
* Ensures day-to-day processes are conducted in accordance with NCQA, URAC and other regulatory standards.
* Seeks consultation from physicians, clinical and other disciplines and departments as required to ensure appropriate care is being rendered.
* Ongoing reassessment of processes to offer opportunity for improvement and/or change.
* Foster positive and professional relationships and act as liaison with internal and external customers to ensure effective working relationships and team building in order to facilitate the review process.
* Responsible for attending training and scheduled meetings and for maintenance and use of current/updated information for review.
* Maintains medical records confidentiality at all times through proper use of computer passwords, maintenance of secured files, adherence to HIPAA polices.
* Utilizes proper telephone etiquette and judicious use of other verbal and written communications, following Kepro policies, procedures and guidelines.
* Cross-trains to perform duties of other contracts within the Kepro network to provide a flexible workforce to meet client/consumer needs.
What youll need:
* Active unrestricted licensure in Nebraska in healthcare or related field, such as RN, LMHP, LIMHP, CMSW, LCSW, CSW, or Psychologist.
* Graduation from an accredited Diploma, Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree Program, Masters preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in the assessment and/or diagnosis of individuals with mental/psychiatric disorders, including complex differential diagnoses that are related to substance use, medical conditions, cognitive issues, and dementia.
* Experience with geriatric population is preferred.
* Minimum of (1) year of experience in working with individuals with intellectual disability or related conditions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Medical record abstracting skills required.
* Knowledge of the organization of medical records, medical terminology, and disease process required.
* Strong clinical assessment and critical thinking skills required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Flexibility and strong organizational skills needed.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and internet/web navigation.
We know your time is valuable and we thank you in advance for applying for this position. Due to the high volume of applicants we receive, only those who are chosen to advance in our interview process will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in Kepro and invite you to apply to future openings that may be of interest. Best of luck in your search!
~ The Kepro Talent Acquisition Team
Mental and Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made as required by law in an attempt to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods of time; key and/or control objects; interact extensively with internal and external customers; occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds; and occasionally travel within the state.
Kepro offers challenging careers, excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement. For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Only those candidates identified for an interview will be contacted. No Phone Calls Please. Visit our website at [ for more information on the Kepro Family of Companies.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Kepro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.