Be part of something. Be part of the MSI UK family.
At MSI Reproductive Choices UK we are unapologetically pro-choice. We believe that every woman has the right to make choices about her own body and her own future. As one of the world's leading providers of contraception and safe abortion care, we give women the means to do so. Across 37 countries, we provide high quality, safe services, and work with advocacy to create an enabling environment, so every client has safe access to services when and where they are needed. Because when a woman can determine her own future, she can contribute to creating a better, more sustainable future for everyone.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced nurse/midwife who is passionate and committed to nursing women and delivering abortion care.
As a Nurse/Midwife at MSI UK, you will care for women's health and support their reproductive rights. You can expect to work in a client-centred, hands-on and fast-paced environment, providing expert clinical abortion to our clients.
Working in the main surgical centres is a rewarding role that would suit someone who enjoys working in a busy environment and working as a team-player.
We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
To succeed in this role, you must have:
* Pro-choice on abortion and an advocate of our mission of 'children by choice, not chance'
* A proven ability to work on your own, manage your time effectively prioritising your own workload and client case load under minimal supervision
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
* A registered nurse/midwife who has worked within a Nurse led environment but who is also a team player
* Ultrasound scan trained - Transabdomnial & Transvaginal (desirable, but training will be provided if not trained in this area)
* Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups.
* Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviours.
* A flexible approach and act as a client advocate. Helping to maintain a pleasant and safe environment for clients.
For more information about the role, please view the job framework on our website.
MSI Reproductive Choices is committed to creating an inclusive environment with a workforce which is representative of the communities we serve. We're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and give equal consideration to all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. We are committed to promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups.
MSI Reproductive Choices UK are about to embark on a new and exciting chapter. We are looking to expand our amazing services within the Sussex county, and are on the lookout for talented, inspirational, and pioneering people to help us achieve our mission.
Location: Multi Sites Sussex
Full-time: 37.5 or Part Time
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £28,471 (FTE)
Closing date: 12th August 2021 (midnight GMT). Interviews may take place before this date for exceptional candidates