Sydney Adventist Hospital, fondly known as 'the San', is operated by Adventist HealthCare (AHCL) - a Christian not-for-profit organisation. The San is NSW's largest private hospital with over 700 beds, employing over 2300 staff, 500 volunteers and 1000 accredited medical officers.
The hospital offers the latest services and facilities, including 23 operating theatres and endoscopy suites, 3 cardiac catheterisation laboratories, NSW's largest private 24x7 Emergency department, intensive care and coronary care units, renal dialysis unit, rehabilitation and sleep studies units, a leading multi-disciplinary Integrated Cancer Centre, and an extensive range of diagnostic, allied health and support services. Dedicated to being at the forefront of technology, the San has an advanced robotic surgery unit, state-of-the-art hybrid operating theatre, and the latest in surgical and diagnostic imaging.
Caring for the community since 1903, the hospital's reputation for exceptional care is built on the continuous provision of leading medical & surgical care, supported by the expertise, commitment and compassion of our people, and our faith-based approach to caring for the whole person - which is reflected in our Mission 'Christianity in Action - caring for the body, mind and spirit of our patients, colleagues, community and ourselves'.
The San has assisted in the birth and care of babies for over a hundred years. We are dedicated to making our mothers-to-be welcome and comfortable, and to providing the very best of care from conception to birth and beyond. We are proud of our reputation and our ability to offer exceptional facilities for maternity services including:
- A birthing unit with 9 dedicated birthing rooms, ensuites with baths and facilities to suit individual labour and birthing preferences
- 2 dedicated birthing rooms specifically designed with birthing pools for water births
- 14-bed Special Care Nursery
- 40-bed antenatal / postnatal ward, including our women's health facility.
Enjoy an online tour of our facility at
We are seeking registered midwives, registered nurses, and mothercraft-trained EENs to be a part of our maternity team on a full-time,
part-time, or casual basis.
- Nursing and/or Midwifery Registration with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency)
- At least 2 years' experience in midwifery (Registered Midwives)
- Women's Health Registered Nurses require 2 years' experience in women's health, obstetrics, post-natal
- Ability to assess, plan, coordinate, and evaluate care delivery needs of patient
- Demonstrates excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Strong customer service skills
- Available to work all shifts
- Bloodsafe Clinical Transfusion Practice
- NSW Health DETECT