Registered Nurse - Liverpool Location:
Liverpool - LGA Applications Open:11 October 2021
Applications Close:11 January 2022
This permanent position is dynamic and your role is varied. You will share the fully equipped treatment room with another practice RN and together you will be required to assist the practice General Practitioners and other clinicians in their clinical and administrative work. The role includes but is not limited to:
- Perform clinical duties within required level of clinical competency, according to best available evidence. Explain procedures to patients, providing them with support and reassurance. Duties include triage, immunisations and other injections; wound management, chronic disease management, ECG's and collection of pathology samples. Assist doctors with clinical procedures. Maintain clinical documentation
- Assist with triage, data management, diagnostic services, networking with other providers, planning & management of patient care and patient advocacy. Recalls - Telephone patients with test results as directed by medical staff.
- Ensure sterilisation and maintenance of clinical equipment. Maintain stocks of clinical supplies, including correct storage (such as refrigeration), removal of out-of-date stock and ordering supplies. Provide input in purchasing relevant clinical equipment and supplies.
- Conduct preventative/screening procedures; assist with patient education and community health promotion activities. Co-ordinate patient recall and outreach programs and GP management plans and team care arrangement.
- Maintain awareness of current and new legislation to ensure business is complying with all statutory and regulatory obligations including infection control, sterilisation, hazardous materials & safe handling/disposal of medical waste, records management, OHS, and accreditation. Ensure relevant personnel are kept informed and changes are made to systems and procedures as required
- Act within the practice and nursing code of ethics & appropriate level of clinical competence at all times. Maintain awareness of current evidence and research on clinical practices and inform/educate other practice staff. Change systems and procedures to ensure compliance with best available evidence as applicable
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification and APNA Registration certificate
- Up to date CPR and First Aid certificates
- Professional Indemnity Cover
- Minimum 1 year nursing experience, preferably in a community-based role
- Demonstrate understanding of the needs of general practice and interest in community-based nursing including patient education and health promotion.
- Knowledge of current immunisation schedules, Diabetes management, asthma management, enhanced primary care items, infection control, CPR and emergency resuscitation techniques, equipment & drugs.
- Two doses of COVID-19 vaccinations
- Understanding of COVID Safe practices
- Competence in the use of Medical Director Clinical and Pracsoft
- Training or experience in Medicare item numbers and health funds
- Additional qualifications such as Accredited Women's Health Certificate, Asthma/Spirometry qualification/education, Venepunctures & pathology collection certification
- Experience in a similar role in a medical practice.
- Bilingual and speaks Arabic is advantageous
COVID Safe PrecautionsVacancy Contact Details Contact:
All patients and staff are required to wear a mask, staff are additionally required to wear other PPE, at-door pickup available, common surfaces are sanitised regularly, and hand sanitising stations are available throughout the practice.
Jenan Bakka Email: Phone: