Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking an RN Lead Medical Coordinator for a direct placement opportunity with our client. The RN will provide services in a non-clinical environment with the Unaccompanied Minors Program.
The LMC is devoted to the delivery of medical care in the setting with emphasis on disease prevention and health maintenance.
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week. Required to work a flexible schedule to facilitate program services including on-call evenings and weekends.
Full time, should be willing to work a flexible schedule and be on-call evenings and weekends.
- Active and unrestricted Texas RN license
- Nursing degree from an accredited college
- Minimum 1 year full time direct service delivery exp
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience
- Bilingual - fluent in Spanish
- Experience with medical assessment and treatment skills with a diverse population of children/adolescents
- Experience training staff, preparing reports and recommendations for medical and administrative use
Preferred: 2-3 years of full time experience in a hospital, clinic, medical record department, or physician's office and 2-3 years experience in file maintenance working with troubled adolescents or youth services - may include volunteer or internship experience.
- Provide health management, effective communication, and leadership in the execution and direction of quality services to youth, staff and medical service staff. Must be sensitive to the needs of the youth in UMP, in the areas of health and social services as one component.
- Manage and monitor the delivery of services to patients ensuring compliance in the performance of all aspects of youth care in accordance with Company policy and procedures, State and Federal guidelines.
- Prepare youth for examinations and record the medical intake, take vital signs, height and weight. Initiate routine lab tests after triage of a youth such as pregnancy tests.
- Assist the medical providers staff with examination procedures when is needed such as patient screening and triage
- Administer medications under the providers' orders, except I.V. medications.
- Update youth charts in regards to allergies, medication use, and immunization history at each visit.
- Administer immunizations under standing orders from provider. Phlebotomy-Obtains blood specimens by performing venipuncture, finger sticks and implant PPD when necessary.
- Educate and counsel youth concerning their disease, treatment, and prevention of disease.
- Answer youth's questions after consultation with the provider or as per established procedures in that regard (to include but not limited to: health questions, medication refills, and lab results.)
- Continually assess for areas of improvement and develop plans and evaluation criteria for such.
- Oversee and direct all youth care staff to ensure adequate monitoring. Ensure delivery of safe and efficient quality care. Assist in health education classes when necessary.
- Obtain, compile, and maintain medical files on each intake. Ensure proper daily documentation in Southwest Key Program's database (PCC) and maintain hard copy of required documents and medical record.
- Schedule and comply with required medical appointments and timelines. Respond and comply to individual emergency medical needs immediately.
- Maintain and review for accurate and complete list of medical supplies, prescribe medications, and over-the-counter medication. Order medical supplies, and medication when necessary.
- Collect, maintain, and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and audits to the supervisors.
- Facilitate and conduct self-administration of medication and side effects training to employees as required.
- Provide a fail-safe plan with medication count, label accuracy, and self-administration of medication, including over-the-counter drugs.
- Schedule and provide transportation when is needed to clients on medical appointments with assistance from other staff when necessary.
- Submit, review and follow up all the Significant Incidents Report regarding Medical Issues.
- Participate in Quality Improvement as required
For further information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact a Recruiter at [Click Here to Apply] or email your resume to [Click Here to Apply] Keyphrases: pediatrics jobs, pediatric oncology jobs, pediatric oncologist jobs, pediatric wound care jobs, urology pediatrics jobs, pediatric interventional cardiology jobs, pediatric emergency medicine jobs, pediatric gynecology jobs, pediatric infectious disease specialist jobs, internal medicine pediatrics jobs, pediatric medical assistant jobs, pediatrician jobs, neonatal pediatric specialist jobs, pediatric nephrology jobs, pediatric nephrologist jobs, pediatric neurology jobs, pediatric nurse practitioner jobs