We Are Hiring:
Come Join us at St. Vincent's as a Registered Nurse in our Cardiac Stepdown on 6North.
Position: Registered Nurse
Department: Cardiac Stepdown - 6North
Location: St. Vincent's East - Trussville, AL
Shift: Full Time - Night shift - 7p to 7a
- Sign on Bonus Option
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for our associates: the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission. We offer a comprehensive benefit package to include medical, dental, vision, retirement, as well as a generous PTO/Holiday accrual. Company paid Short Term, Long Term, Basic Life and Accidental death benefits are also included. Associates can take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance and much more.
- Free and easy Parking
- Heart of Care: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That's why, at Ascension, we invest in our nurses, so they can have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve.
St. Vincent's East is a 362-bed hospital, located just 15 minutes from downtown. Situated between Irondale and Trussville, AL. It is the second largest Ascension hospital in the Birmingham area.
6North, Cardiac Step-Down is a private 18 bed unit that specializes in cardiac care for patients. You will see pre- and post-Cath patients. We care for patients with congestive heart failures, arrhythmia's and pacemakers.
You will also see general medical patients that may have a primary cardiac diagnosis/history with co-morbidities that may need telemetry monitoring, as well as those patients needing critical cardiac drips.
On 6N, you will be trained to detect medical issues before they become a problem, so that you can respond to those emergent situations quickly and confidently. You will have many opportunities for assessments, lab value analysis, patient/family teaching, wound care, IVs, and medication administration/ management.
Our average nurse to patient ratio is 4-5:1. Our beds are normally full, in high demand, and our staff is very rarely cancelled.
Here at St. Vincent's East, you will be joining a motivated, energetic staff and will be introduced to a team environment.
What You Will Do:
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension St. Vincent's has been serving Birmingham and surrounding communities for more than 120 years. We employ over 4,800 associates across five hospitals in addition to outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more. Ascension St. Vincent's is committed to providing compassionate, personalized care for all, including our associates. We offer a place of respect and inclusion, as well as a rich learning environment with countless opportunities for career growth and professional development. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, we invite you to explore a career with Ascension St. Vincent's today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension St. Vincent Health System is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.