Job ID: 95960
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Towson,MD US Hours of Work: SUN-SAT 7P-7A
Job Facility: UM St. Joseph Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: NIGHT What You Will Do: Registered Nurse (RN), Cardiac Surgery ICU-CSU Full Time, Rotating Towson, MD
We are seeking a Full time Cardiovascular Surgery and Cardiac ICU Registered Nurse to join our nursing team at University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center.
When you come to University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, you're coming to more than simply a beautiful 37-acre, 224- bed suburban Towson, MD campus. You're embarking on a professional journey that encourages opportunities, values a team atmosphere, and makes convenience and flexibility a priority.
WHY CHOOSE UM ST. JOSEPH?
As a Registered Nurse at UM St. Joseph, you'll experience:
- Top 40 open heart program in the country
- Three star rating in most categories in the Society of Thoracic Surgery data with robust Enhance Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) Program
. A supportive and collaborative work environment
. A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage - Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
. Free Parking & On-Site Fitness Center
. Recognition: We have a positive points recognition program designed to reward and recognize our outstanding employees; employees can also recognize their peers
. On-Site Daycare
The Registered Nurse - CSU is responsible for patient care in collaboration with interdisciplinary health care providers to assess, plan, intervene, evaluate and document care in an individualized and age appropriate manner which promotes patients safety and healing and according to hospital policy. Nursing care is focused on the assessment, diagnosis, planning, treatment and evaluation of preoperative and post- operative surgical patients with emphasis on Cardiovascular Surgery and Cardiac ICU care including rhythm interpretation, hemodynamics, airway management, pain management, medication management, safety precautions, patient/family education and support, and initiation of the rehabilitation process. Registered nurses in CICU meet the basic requirements for Registered Nurse staff, and function in accordance with the nursing department job description. Additional unit requirements for registered nurses include temporary epicardial pacing, open cardiac arrest management, PA catheter removal, Pleural chest tube removal (selected nurses) external cardiac defibrillation, CRRT (selected nurses) and VAD(selected nurses). What You Need to Be Successful:
- 2 year/Associate's Degree: Nursing (Required)
- 4 year/Bachelor's Degree: BS in Nursing and/or active pursuit of advanced degree or specialty certification (Preferred)
Experience and Skills
- BLS Certification (Required)
- State Registered Nurse License (Required)
- 1- 2 years in a health care environment. (Preferred)
- Required Skills: Strong Verbal Communications Skills, Strong Written Communications Skills, Excellent
- Interpersonal Skills, General Clerical Skills, Basic Computer Skills, Excellent Organizational Skills, Strong
- Customer Services Skills, Proven Analytical Skills
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: care, ccu, domiciliary, mhb, nurse, psychatric, recovery, staff nurse, surgical, tcu