2808 GERMANTOWN ST, DAYTON, Ohio, 45417-4134, United States of America
DaVita is hiring a Registered Nurse (RN) lead our clinical teams and administer hemodialysis to our chronically ill, ESRD patients.
Dialysis experience is not required - we will train you!
- Operational days: Monday - Saturday, closed on Sundays
- Operational hours: MWF 6:00AM - 4:30PM, TTS 5:30AM - 1:30PM
- Shift Expectations: Work 3 - 4 shifts per week, 10 - 12hrs at a time
- Alternate working ever other Saturday
RN Job Functions
- Supervises and performs direct patient care including but not limited to taking and monitoring vital signs, initiation and termination of dialysis, documentation, physical assessment of patients and patient treatments, taking and transcription of physician's orders, drawing and documentation of ordered laboratory work
- Notes signs of trauma, patients' general physical and mental condition, reviews dialysis orders, documents observations in patient medical records
- Analyzes patient assessments, laboratory data and, when concerns are noted, brings issues to the attention of the physician
- Communicates all emergencies, patient life-threatening complications and related incidents to supervisor, Medical Director, Regional Operations Director, Facility or Group Facility Administrator
- Assesses patient and family learning readiness and provides appropriate information on renal disease, prescribed dialysis treatment, and medical regimen and its impact on the patient's state of health and wellbeing
- Provides dialysis therapy, including but not limited to formulating dialysis plan per physician orders, weight and rate of ultrafiltration, verifying safety measures are in place and complied with, administering medications or other appropriate treatments, discontinuing dialysis according to established procedure, documenting all activity appropriately
- Instructs patients on pre- and post-dialysis care
- Administers patient quality care in a considerate, respectful manner
- Participates in the development and implementation of the patient's short and long term plan of care and monthly progress note
RN Job Requirements
- Nursing degree from accredited school of nursing required
- New graduate, less than one year after obtaining license
- Less than three months of dialysis experience
- Current RN license in state of practice
- Current CPR certification required
- Completes training programs approved by the medical director and the governing body as required by CMS Job Description The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals employed in this position.
Benefits of DaVita
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most including:
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Paid training: DaVita offers all new dialysis teammates a robust, paid training program to help you learn the right dialysis skills. The training is a mix of classroom and hands on training.
- Reimbursement for your Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT) license
- Preceptor University: Learn how to become teach future DaVita teammates clinical procedures and policies
- Opportunity to grow personally and professionally. DaVita is committed to providing robust development opportunities.
Are you ready to make a positive difference in a patient's life? Take the first step at .
DaVita is an equal opportunity employer - Vet and Disability. To learn more about what this means click here.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at