Are you an experienced Mental Health RN? Join UPMC Home Health and provide one-on-one care and teaching with patients and families in the Washington/South Hills area.
Currently offering up to a $15,000 Sign On Bonus to those who qualify!
Home health nursing can provide you with an impactful career that also provides opportunities for advancement, access to the most modern equipment and technology, and excellent benefits. Our home health nurses love the flexible daylight hours, one-on-one patient care, independence, focus on patient education, and having the ability to be true patient advocates.
Join the team that's providing the highest quality of home health care in our communities. With state-of-the-art safety protocols and the support of an academic medical center, UPMC Home Health has demonstrated a continued commitment to keeping both our patients and our employees safe and healthy, especially throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Job title and salary will be based upon qualifications and career ladder requirements
- Coordinates case management activities within a multi-disciplinary health care team to insure appropriate delivery of services to patients
- Attends and participates in patient care conferences, team meetings and other related meetings
- Performs duties and job responsibilities in a fashion which coincides with the service management philosophy of UPMC Home Health Care towards patients, visitors, staff, peers, physicians and other departments within the organization
- Identifies, develops and participates in process improvement opportunities within the home health agency that will enhance the quality of the services we provide.
- Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel including LPNs and Home Health Aides
- Identifies, investigates and recommends solutions to organization issues. Identifies any deficits or exceptional performance issues of other nursing personnel, LPNs and Aides, and recommends solutions
- Initiates, coordinates and evaluates patient and family centered health teaching
- Establishes the plan of care in collaboration with the physician, patient and UM Professional in accordance with the physician orders and patient needs
- Completes documentation including visit assessment, OASIS, 485 and Verbal Orders accurately and promptly on the laptop device or in written documentation while in the patient's home and within the agency's and regulatory standards