SHIFT: No Weekends
Currently offering a $20,000 sign on bonus!
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Cardiac Rehab RN today with Research Medical Center.
At RMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Life of an HCA Nurse
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Cardiac Rehabilitation, the Cardiac Rehabilitation RN will individually and comprehensively evaluate, assess and risk stratify patients referred to the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program and implement a plan of care based on the assessment/evaluation and risk stratification. The Specialist will re-assess the patient regularly, as required, and progress the patient towards a timely discharge and towards goals expressed at the initiation of, and during, the program. The Cardiac Rehabilitation RN will comply with all of the standards of nursing practice as indicated by the Registered Nurse job description held in Patient Services Department and by the State Nursing Practice Act. About this unit:
- Advancement in knowledge of caring for critically ill patients
- Team-oriented and fast-paced environment serving a diverse patient population
- Problem solving team - accepts the challenges and finds solutions.
- Under the general direction of the Director, Manager or Nurse Manager, Registered Nurse (RN) coordinates and provides patient care and assumes individual responsibility and accountability for the provision of nursing care.
- Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing care is in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, applicable state Nursing Practice Acts, ANA Standards of Practice and the generic and unit structure standards
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Current state of Missouri RN licensure required.
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills required.
- Knowledge: dysrhythmia recognition, pathophysiology of cardiovascular disease, cardiovascular/pulmonary assessment, basic knowledge of exercise physiology and clinical exercise physiology preferred;
- Skills: Cardiopulmonary assessment; computer skills; educational planning and teaching skills; RN should have a holistic view of patient education; experience and skills with older adults is important;
- Licensure/Certification: ACLS and BLS certification required; Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation. Prefer ACSM certification at the Exercise Specialist level, Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist or ANA Cardiac Rehabilitation certification;
- Basic computer skills
- Experience: A minimum of 1 year experience in ICU, CCU or other critical care nursing is required; a minimum of 1 year experience in Cardiac Rehabilitation is preferred
At Research Medical Center , above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life . Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients' health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in our 590-bed facility.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Neuroscience Institute and Women's Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.