LOOKING FOR DAY TIME RN..............Earn up to $33.15 an hour ( NEW WAGES)
Come Join Our Team. We have lots of Benefits, including, Medical,Dental, Vision, 401K, Sign on Bonus, Attendance Bonus and Shift Differential.
Weekend shifts, part time or full time
Call to see what your potential can be.
REMEMBER: WE CAN'T CALL , YOU HAVE TO CALL US
POSITION SUMMARY: The RN Staff Nurse works closely with the Shift Supervisor, Head Nurse or Resident Care Coordinator to ensure the best possible functions of the assigned unit. The RN Staff Nurse will maintain the standards of Nursing Care and practices within the facility to meet the physical, psychosocial, and rehabilitative needs of the residents. Duties also include: Assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients. May advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management. Licensing or registration required ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS A. Job Knowledge and Role Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of age specific developmental factors specific to adult and geriatric residents (i.e. physical, cognitive, and socialization factors) in planning delivery of care.
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and techniques necessary to care for residents with the following needs: therapeutic, neuro and dementia, dialysis, IV therapy, infectious disease and wound care, if applicable.
- Provides nursing care in accordance with Resident Care Policies and Procedures and ensures the safety and well-being of the residents is maintained. Attends all mandatory inservices by employee's anniversary date. .
- Maintains and updates State license in compliance with State regulations. .
- Acts appropriately under the direction of the Shift Supervisor, Head Nurse or
- Resident Care Coordinator and acts as an active member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrates ability to adjust to changes in units/shift assignments to meet resident and facility needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to assist the Head Nurse or Resident Care Coordinator with the day to day activities on a specialized dementia unit, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and complies with Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program when performing work functions.
B. Resident Care Responsibilities: Assumes responsibility on assigned unit for: Medication & Treatments
- Administers enteral feedings, and oral, injectable and intravenous medications and treatments within the RN scope of practice as prescribed
- by the Physician and per facility policy.
- Performs and is co-responsible for narcotic count as per Resident Care Policies and Procedures.
- Demonstrates expertise in dispensing medications and treatments by all routes as ordered by the Physician with established time frames. Ensures no medications are left unattended.
- Assesses effectiveness and observes for interaction and reaction of medications and treatment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of residents' allergies according to established Care Plan.
- Documents medication and treatment administration in a timely and accurate manner according to Resident Care Policies and Procedures.
- Orders appropriate medications from pharmacy as needed in accordance with Resident Care Policies and Procedures.
Management and Supervision of Nursing Assistants:
- Reports pertinent information to Nursing Assistants on assigned residents prior to delivery of care, and provides direction in prioritizing resident care.
- Reports resident information to Nurses and Nursing Assistants reporting for next shift.
- Ensures all aspects of delivery of care to residents is completed within the established time frames according to Resident Care Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures all aspects of resident care information is up-to-date and reviewed by Nursing Assistants prior to the delivery of care.
- Complies with all State Department codes and requirements regarding nursing care and documentation.
Role Responsibilities-Interpersonal Skills:
- Is aware of, and adheres to, Resident's Bill of Rights and Confidentiality of Resident Information.
- Interacts with residents and family members, co-workers, clinical and ancillary staff in a non-judgmental, supportive and calm manner.
- Addresses resident and family satisfaction issues immediately by reporting them to the Supervisor in a professional manner.
- Is aware of Resident Abuse Reporting Law.
- Participates as assigned in the orientation of new staff and demonstrates a positive, helpful and enthusiastic attitude.
- Demonstrates ability to locate emergency equipment (i.e., emergency oxygen tank, etc.)
- Understands and demonstrates knowledge of role in Fire and Disaster drills.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and respond appropriately to potential behavioral outbursts.
- Uses facility equipment safely.
- Recognizes, removes, and/or reports potential hazards.
Role Responsibilities-Infection Control:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and implements universal precautions.
- Washes hands between resident contacts as appropriate.
- Handles linen and disposes of waste properly.
- Demonstrates ability to care for residents on precautions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of correct positioning/care of catheters and drainages.
Role Responsibilities-Resident Dignity:
- Addresses residents in a respectful manner.
- Discusses confidential resident information in appropriate areas only.
- Knocks on door prior to entering resident rooms, and maintains resident privacy & dignity when providing treatments or other resident care.
Other Duties as Assigned by Shift Supervisor, Head Nurse and/or Resident Care Coordinator. SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONSCurrent license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio required. Is a graduate of an accredited school of Registered Nursing. Successfully completes facility conducted orientation, mandatory training and inservice programs. Previous long term care experience is required. Supervisory experience and organizational skills in a long term care setting preferred. Must meet health assessment requirements, including two stage Mantoux skin test. Is listed in good standing as confirmed on State of Ohio Department of Professional Credentialing. Possesses excellent technical assessment and documentation skills, and leadership quantities. Must be capable of performing the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, and possess sufficient communication skills to perform the tasks required. Successful completion of facility conducted orientation on specialized dementia units, as appropriate.