Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Registered Nurse RN Medical ICU you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you - at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital!
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a Critical Care Registered Nurse for our ICU. You will provide clinical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care in a high acuity environment. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
What you will do in this role:
- You will assess, plan, intervene and evaluate the care of critically ill patients.
- You will instruct patients and families regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- You will maintain and review patients' records including posting tests and examination results.
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders.
- Must be licensed as a Florida Registered Nurse in accordance with state regulations or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred.
- Previous experience in an acute care setting strongly preferred.
- Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required.
- American Heart Association ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification required within 6 months of hire/transfer.
- Current NIHSS (National Institute of Health Stroke Scale) certification required within 6 months of hire/transfer.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital is a 237 bed acute care hospital. We serve Charlotte County. We have emergency care, an accredited cancer program, a stroke center of excellence and a chest pain center. We have an orthopedic and spine center, wound management and hyperbaric medicine. We have inpatient, outpatient and cardiovascular surgery. We have sports and rehabilitation services and outpatient programs. HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital provides community wellness programs. We have provided healthcare in Charlotte County for 40 years. Our colleagues enjoy our culture of compassion, respect and service. Over 350 area physicians work with us. We have received the America's top 100 hospital recognition. This makes us one of the best hospitals in Charlotte County. We hope you'll consider a career at HCA Florida Fawcett Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do." - Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse RN Medical ICU opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.