SHIFT: Weekends Only
~ $20,000 sign on bonus paid out in less than 30 days~
*This is a weekend-option position*
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Medical Telemetry RN today with Lee's Summit Medical Center .
At LSMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
Please see the following link to view The Life of an HCA Nurse and below reads specific unit information but please feel free to call/text me (Diana Carpenter) at 440.725.7527 or email to (see below) with questions.
Medical Telemetry nurses assess acute changes in patients. They monitor and analyze the heart rhythm of patients, interpret ECGs, note arrhythmias, and intervene in emergency situations. They have high-level critical thinking skills, vast clinical knowledge, and are able to stay calm under pressure.
About this unit:
- 36 Bed Unit; 1:6 Nurse to Patient Ratio
- Variety of acuity including all medical patients, abdominal surgical, general surgical, neuro, pulmonary, renal, infection, and more.
- Challenging and rewarding unit with strong culture and cohesive teamwork
- Opportunity to gain certifications, grow and develop towards specialty areas with supportive management/leadership teams.
- Under the general direction of the Director, Manager or Nurse Manager, Registered Nurse (RN) coordinates and provides patient care and assumes individual responsibility and accountability for the provision of nursing care.
- Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing care is in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, applicable state Nursing Practice Acts, ANA Standards of Practice and the generic and unit structure standards.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Current state of Missouri RN licensure required.
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills required.
- BLS certification required at hire and maintained.
- ACLS required within 6 months.
- Previous clinical experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills
Lee's Summit Medical Center serves Lee's Summit, Missouri, and surrounding areas. The 80 -bed advanced technology facility is both a Joint Commission Chest Pain Certified Hospital and a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center. LSMC is an affiliate of HCA Healthcare.
Additional features include:
- Emergency Department with 14 private treatment rooms;
- Orthopedic and Spine Center,
- Level II stroke designation
- Cardiovascular services with a cardiac catheterization lab, cardiac rehabilitation, vascular surgery and more;
- Rehabilitation services with physical, occupational and speech therapy and sports medicine;
- Surgical service, including bariatrics, orthopedics, colorectal and robotic assisted procedures; imaging services
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Lee's Summit Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.