UPMC Home Health is hiring a Registered Nurse that specializes in Mental Health to join its team!
This is a Full-Time position working mainly Monday-Friday, Daylight hours. Holiday, Weekend, and On Call availability required.
Currently offering up to a $15,000 Sign On Bonus to those who qualify.
Join the team that's providing the highest quality of home health care in our communities. With state-of-the-art safety protocols and the support of an academic medical center, UPMC Home Health has demonstrated a continued commitment to keeping both our patients and our employees safe and healthy, especially throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Make a true impact in your community where you'll have the confidence that your care is clinically backed by a best-in-class health care system and the rewarding knowledge that you are changing lives every day.
Home health nursing can provide you with an impactful career that also provides opportunities for advancement, access to the most modern equipment and technology, and excellent benefits. Our home health nurses love the flexible daylight hours, one-on-one patient care, independence, focus on patient education, and having the ability to be true patient advocates.
Job title and salary will be based upon qualifications and career ladder requirements.
- Focuses on customer service and continually strives to perform the duties of their job in a manner that will result in optimal patient satisfaction.
- Assigns other nursing personnel, including LPNs and Aides to assist in the appropriate delivery of services as ordered on the plan of care to the patient. Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel including LPNs and Home Health Aides. Identifies, investigates and recommends solutions to organization issues. Identifies any deficits or exceptional performance issues of other nursing personnel, LPNs and Aides, and recommends solutions. Proven ability to facilitate change.
- Coordinates case management activities within a multi disciplinary health care team to insure appropriate delivery of services to patient.
- Initiates, coordinates and insures ongoing communication with the physician and other members of the health care team.
- Attends and participates in patient care conferences, team meetings and other related meetings.
- Performs duties and job responsibilities in a fashion which coincides with the service management philosophy of UPMC Home Health Care towards patients, visitors, staff, peers, physicians and other departments within the organization.
- Identifies, develops and participates in process improvement opportunities within the home health agency that will enhance the quality of the services we provide.
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes and adjusts nursing care process as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Initiates, coordinates and evaluates patient and family centered health teaching.
- Establishes the plan of care in collaboration with the physician, patient and UM Professional in accordance with the physician orders and patient needs.
- Advises and consults with family and other agency personnel, as appropriate.
- Completes documentation including visit assessment, OASIS, 485 and Verbal Orders accurately and promptly on the laptop device or in written documentation while in the patient's home and within the agency's and regulatory standards. Data syncs (transmits) information same day.
- Exercise independent judgment in matters concerning emergent and non-emergent patient care needs and communicate with the physician
- Participates in on-call coverage rotation for the agency
- Graduate of an accredit school of professional nursing required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- UPMC Home Health Care approved certification preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months of nursing experience in an Acute Care Facility or Skilled Care Facility
The following are PREFERRED for MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL REGISTERED NURSE
- Certification in psychiatric nursing by the American Nurse Association preferred
- Master's degree in psychiatric or mental health nursing:
- Must have nursing experience within the last three years in the psychiatric or mental health unit of a hospital, a partial hospitalization program, an outpatient psychiatric clinic, or psychiatric home care Bachelor's degree in nursing:
- Must have one year of recent (within the last three years) nursing experience in the psychiatric hospital or mental health unit of a hospital, a partial hospitalization program, an outpatient psychiatric clinic, or psychiatric home care.
- Diploma or associate's degree in nursing: Must have two years recent (within the last three years) nursing experience in the psychiatric or mental health unit of a hospital, a partial hospitalization program, an outpatient psychiatric clinic, or psychiatric home care.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC approved national certification preferred. Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse either in the state where the facility is located or in a state covered by a licensure compact agreement with the state where the facility is located. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Automotive Insurance
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Driver's License
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran