Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of people who have disabilities? Are you a creative and passionate person looking to work for a dynamic organization with practices that are leading change in our industry? At ACCORD, we work together to help people live their greatest lives. Accord offers full time benefits including 120 hours of PTO for the first year. If you are a nurse who enjoys having a work and life balance, then this is the place for you.
Registered Nurse (RN) will work full time, 40 hours per week, NO WEEKENDS, NO HOLIDAYS, and offers BENEFITS.
$2,500 New Hire Bonus for Full Time RNs paid in quarterly installments at 3,6,9, 12 months
_As a Registered Nurse(RN) you will _perform skilled home health nursing duties in accordance with the federal, state and local laws and policies of Accord Home Health. The agency provides services to adults with various cultural backgrounds with mental health, chronic, and post-acute care conditions. Uses the nursing process to provide intermittent skilled home care visits in the Twin Cities metro area, in accordance with the Minnesota Nurse Practice Act and under the supervision of the RN Clinical Manager. Experience working with adults with medical and mental health conditions required.
Services may include but are not limited to: medication dispensing and management, injections, lab draws/collection, vital signs, health information sharing, observation and monitoring of health status, wound care, and special treatments. Duties also include: nursing visit documentation, physician orders, and communication with health care professionals.
* As a Registered Nurse (RN) , work independently to provide intermittent skilled nursing visits under the direction of a Registered Nurse and the physician-ordered plan of care to clients in the home setting.
* Effectively communicate appropriate status/condition changes to the RN and/or physician.
* Provide timely documentation of services and communications in the clinical record.
* Demonstrate basic nursing skills within the scope of clinical practice including observation of symptoms and health status; medication monitoring, set-up, and administration; treatments; cognitive, nutrition, and behavior support; falls prevention; emergency intervention, and client instruction as delegated by the RN.
* Demonstrate knowledge and compliance of safety/infection control practices for clients, co-workers, and self per policies and procedures.
* Assist the program by obtaining client clinical information as required by intake and other clinical staff.
* Participate with other health care providers in the development and modification of a plan of care;
* Communicate information on a timely basis, consistent with agency policy and urgency of the situation. Documents all communications in the clinical record.
* Determine and implement appropriate interventions within a nursing plan of care or when delegated or assigned by a registered nurse;
* Assist in the evaluation of responses to interventions;
* Collaborate and communicate with other health care providers.
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional practical nursing.
* Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Minimum of one (1) year of experience in care setting or equivalent experience.
* Skilled in nursing observation, treatments, medication management and administration, falls prevention.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
* Current valid driver's license, good driving record and reliable transportation with insurance.
* Ability to pass criminal background check.
* Ability to work independently in a community setting.
* Good verbal, written, and computer skills.
The Registered Nurse (RN) Home Health staff will work Full Time, 30+ hours per week. The majority of the work time will be in the community or individual homes for intermittent visits in metro areas such as Minneapolis, St Paul. The patient types can vary from Mental Health/Psychiatric.
* We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision packages to all full-time employees (30+) and eligible dependents.
* Life-insurance, short and long-term disability at no cost to employees.
* Retirement plans such as 403B, 403B employer match, and savings programs, helping employees prepare for the future.
* Vacation/PTO starting at 120 hours in the first year and increases after that.
* Education assistance, company-paid holidays, a floating holiday, FMLA pay, educational assistance, and flexible working options. Flexible work arrangement opportunities vary depending on position and location.