Welcome to Centura Health Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.
Schedule: Full time-Mon-Fri. either 5-8hrs or 4-10s (can be flexible) Days only. N*o12s. *
No Call, no weekends. no holidays
* Benefits eligible
Pay Range $32. 46 - $45.71/hr
Flourishing Begins Here You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills - but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
Assumes responsibility for developing, implementing & evaluating a program of education for department specific clinical population(s). Programming includes initial and ongoing staff competency, standardized department-based orientation for all applicable roles, and continued education as identified by needs assessments and regulatory requirement initiatives. Applies policies, procedures, standards, and regulations as appropriate to department clinical populations served. The education will be designed with department leaders, RN Educator- Specialist, and other key stakeholders to positively influence the quality and cost effectiveness of patient care.
Onboarding new and experienced Perioperative staff - RN, ST, AT, periop, nurse residents, RN and ST students. Unit education, Policy writing and review, Practice auditing. May assist with other roles - charge, breaks/lunches. Performance Improvement process and projects
Public speak to educate staff and in huddles
What You Bring/Job Requirements In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
* Bachelor's in Nursing required, Master's Degree preferred
* Three years of nursing experience relevant to clinical population (Operating Room)
* Staff development, academic teaching and/or project development experience preferred
* Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office products and e-learning platform
* Registered Nursing license or Current RN license from a participating state in National Licensure Compact required
* BLS from American Heart Association required
* Nursing Specialty Certification (CNOR) strongly preferred
* Highly organized and motivated
* Ability to function working in teams and working alone.
Physical requirements- When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
Your Connected Community When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
Located in central Denver's historic Washington Park residential neighborhood, associates at Porter Adventist Hospital enjoy beautiful surroundings, leading technology, outstanding leadership and easy access to everything great central Denver has to offer. As a full-service Magnet designated, 368-bed acute-care referral center specializing in cancer care, joint replacement, spinal care and advanced robotic surgery, Porter Adventist Hospital treats some of the region's most complex medical cases and surgical patients. Our Heart and Vascular Institute is the first and only program in Colorado to receive full Heart Failure Accreditation status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. We have also received numerous awards and honors including: 100 Greatest Hospitals in America by Becker's Hospital Review for 3 years in a row (2015-2017); named as one of the top two hospitals in Colorado by U.S. News and World Report; recipient of the Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award-Clinical Excellence for 3 years in a row (2015-2017); one of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement for 2 years in a row (2016-2017), and many others.
Caring for Your Whole Well Being We provide whole person care and understand that a comprehensive benefits package will enrich the lives of our associates at work and at home. At Centura Health we offer exceptional benefits to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and may include:
* 401K, which includes matching when eligible.
* Three Health Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents.
* Two Dental Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents.
* Vision Insurance including covering eligible dependents.
* Daycare & Medical Flexible Spending Account Options
* Leaves of Absence.
* Short Term Disability
* Long Term Disability
* Life Insurance
* Voluntary Benefits including Hospital Indemnity Coverage, Critical Illness, Accident, Permanent Life insurance, and Norton LifeLock.
* Paid Time Off
* Spouse & Child/Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
* Shift Differentials
* Employee Wellness Resources
* Employee Assistance Programs
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Shift differentials
* Relocation assistance based on location.
* Associate Discounts for phone, cell phone plans, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Buying, Pet Insurance, and much more...
The pay rate for this position is listed above and varies based on experience, skills, and comparison to others who are already in this role.
If you do not see the pay for this position listed above or see an estimate, it is because you are on a second party job board. Please visit to apply and see the pay range for this role. All of our pay ranges are posted clearly on the Centura Health Careers site.