Registered Nursing duties within an aged care facility including:
- Responsibility for administering medical strategies and assessments and nursing care plans to patients and residents.
- Able to perform complex work independently.
- Medical management and administration and evaluation of how medication has impacted a resident and their health or behaviour.
- Direct, manage and control carers and enrolled nurses to undertake particular duties as necessary.
- Mentoring and training ENs, new RNs, or AINs.
- Implementing clinical policies and procedures.
- Take a leadership role during an infection control breach
- Provide complex pain management or some palliative care treatments and services.
- Manage admissions, family liaison and transition management.
Additional and Alternative Skills:
- Thinks critically and analyse nursing practice in making decisions and providing safe, quality nursing practice within person-centred and evidence-based frameworks.
- respects all cultures and experiences.
- complies with legislation, regulations, policies, guidelines and other standards or requirements relevant to the context of practice when making decisions.
- maintains accurate, comprehensive and timely documentation of assessments, planning, decision-making, actions and evaluations.
- communicates effectively: is respectful of a person's dignity, culture, values, beliefs and rights.
- conducts assessments that are holistic as well as culturally appropriate.
- collaboratively constructs nursing practice plans until contingencies, options priorities, goals, actions, outcomes and timeframes are agreed with the relevant persons.
- determines, documents and communicates priorities, goals and outcomes with the relevant persons.
Qualifications and experience
- Appropriate Nursing Registration (clear and unconditional);
- Registered Nurse Level 3 or 4;
- Management and supervision qualifications or equivalent relevant experience;
- At least 2 years' experience as Registered Nurse in an Aged Care environment;
- Full-time, 38 hours per week (additional hours as reasonably required);
- Salary in accordance with Nursing Award 2010 (MA000034) Level 3 point 1 $, point 2 $, point 3 $, point 4 $ pa.