Are you passionate about providing quality support for children and young people?
About the company:
Our client provides excellent short-, medium- and long-term residential care specialising in both Learning Disabilities and Emotional Behavioural Difficulties:
- They are currently looking to bring onboard motivated individuals looking to encourage Children and Young people aged 9-19 to achieve their full potential.
- My client has several children's homes in Newcastle and the surrounding areas.
- Making available to the service users a team of therapists. Including a clinical psychologist, an occupational health therapist and a speech and language therapist.
As a Residential Support Worker you will be:
- Advocating educational development
- Promoting a healthy lifestyle by addressing any health needs.
- Facilitation and promotion of contact between the service user's family, professionals and local community to aid in social, emotional and physical progression.
You will be involved in the planning and delivering of activities for young people internal and external to the home. The client has arranged a range of fun activities for day trips away from the homes.
- Experience within children's residential support or similar.
- NVQ level 3 in residential childcare or willing to work towards.
- Adaptable, approachable and friendly manner.
- Be able to work across a number of shifts including long days 7am -11pm. Some sleep shift shifts may be required.
- Invest in staff through training programs, and Diploma qualifications.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Long service rewards scheme.
If this sounds like your next move, apply below. Alternatively, if you're interested in hearing about other similar opportunities, get in contact with Major Healthcare at the Newcastle branch.
Major Recruitment act as an Employment Agency for permanent roles and an Employment Business for temporary opportunities