Under minimal supervision, assists in developing and implementing initial training, future training and care team development programs for the Cardiology Cath Lab. Conducts ongoing education for the team and is responsible for assuring the competency of the professional nurse and unlicensed personnel in those assigned areas. Evidence of competency is reviewed and documented at least annually and is based upon the most recent evidence and best practices. Lead the departments evidences base orientation program. Adheres to the American Nurses Association (ANA) standards of professional nursing practice / process and performance, and the ANA Code of Ethics.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding and display of the principals of customer service as it applies to patients, staff and the community.
- Ability to assist in identifying ways to promote quality patient-centric care and maintain Denver Health's high level of patient satisfaction.
- Ability to work effectively in a team matrix environment. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels and in a cross functional environment.
- Ability to work closely with multidisciplinary staff, charge nurses, clinical nurse educator(s), Nursing Managers, Providers, Executive Leadership to provide care to patients with respect to their uniqueness using informed judgment, competence, individual qualifications, and collaboration with the health care team.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of assessment findings as they relate to the disease process and continuum of care.
- Supports compliance with national patient safety goals, accrediting agency standards, and quality initiatives.
- Evaluates practice in relation to professional standards, statues, regulatory requirements, hospital and departmental policies, and standards of care.
- Promotes quality care by redefining priorities for care based on evaluation of healthcare consumer/family response or changing condition.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) required.
- Master Degree in Nursing or related field preferred.
- 3 years direct patient care nursing experience required.
- 2 years of Cath Lab experience highly desired.
- Active Registered Nurse (RN) License in the State of Colorado or a participating compact state required.
- National board certification is a preference and encouraged for all nurse leaders.
- Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) from American Heart Association required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) from American Heart Association required.
*Specialty certifications as required or recommended per unit.
*All Certifications and Licenses required for this job must be kept current as a condition of continued employment. Location:
Main Campus Shift:
Days; 5 8-hour shifts, or 4 10-hr shiftsWork Type:
Full time Pay Range:
Maximum: 55.48All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.Denver Health
is an integrated, high-quality academic health care system considered a model for the nation that includes a Level I Trauma Center, a 555-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 10 family health centers, 18 school-based health centers, Rocky Mountain Poison and Safety, a Public Health department, an HMO and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary, and essential, safety-net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided billions in uncompensated care for the uninsured. Denver Health is viewed as an Anchor Institution for the community, focusing on hiring and purchasing locally as applicable, serving as a pillar for community needs, and caring for more than 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located near downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. As an EOE, Denver Health does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.