The Role you will Play:
This position reports to the clinical manager and provides direct care and education to patients and families in a clinic setting. The clinic nurse assesses needs of patients and families and communicates with the healthcare team to facilitate care.
Will be designated to primarily one physician, but will be cross trained to work with the others and even in infusion room if needed.
- New patient chart: Updates patient profile in EMR. Gathers medical history, medication list, updates problem list, etc.
- Assists physician with exams, progress note, orders. Acts as scribe when requested. Obtains patient history, Review of Systems, performance status, update med list, and add any clinical changes since last visit.
- Assesses patient compliance with medications, treatments, appointments.
- Evaluates the need for prescription refills, checks Ar PMP as physician delegate and documents, as indicated.
- Follows standard policies and procedures for medical orders regarding treatments and diagnostic tests and procedures.
- Manages telephone calls from patients and families. Assess the clinical problem, and addresses per physician order, or protocol, as indicated.
- Facilitates the transition of care for patients to home care, palliative care, or Hospice per physician order, when indicated.
- Provides instructions and directions to patients and families on tests and chemotherapy side effects.
- Assesses and provides patient and family education as needed. May also serve as an educator for staff upon request.
- Pre-visit Planning- reviews charts to be sure results are complete and available for the visit.
- Assists with completion of patient forms, (disability, FMLA, etc.).
- Works with the multidisciplinary team to ensure patient needs are met. (e.g. Speech path, social worker, dietitian).
Quality and Safety
- Participates in monitoring quality metrics for oncology. Ensures documentation supports metrics for yearly reporting.
- Outdoor recreation, attractions, a diverse manufacturing base and warm, friendly people.
- Offers golf, tennis, hunting, fishing, and excellent housing values.
- Two years nursing experience, oncology preferred.
- AR RN licensure
- Basic life support (BLS) certification
- Chemo certification by Oncology Nursing Society (ONS), Little Rock Oncology Nursing Network (LRONN) or hospital-based program within 1 year of hire.