We Are Hiring:
Ascension MERCY MEDICAL CENTER is looking for a compassionate, energetic RN-Registered Nurse in our Child/Adolescent Behavioral Health unit.
Title: Registered Nurse RN
Department: Adol Psychiatry Nrsng
Schedule: PRN Role, rotating weekend and holiday requirment (some rotation on shifts may be required.)
Hospital: Ascension Mercy Medical Center
Mercy has built a legacy of caring for the community and its residents. Founded in 1911, Mercy is a full-service hospital with a Level II Trauma Center, a Primary Stroke Center and a state-of-the-art outpatient surgery center with minimally invasive robotics technology. We provide comprehensive care in a wide range of medical areas, including our renowned heart and vascular care for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of heart disease. Our caring doctors treat you and your family like one of our own, always.
What You Will Do:
Provide direct patient care to behavioral health patients in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the facility.
- Perform initial and on-going bio-psychosocial assessments according to accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Develop a nursing plan of care consistent with the master treatment plan.
- Participate in treatment team conferences to assist in planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each patient.
- Implement nursing plan of care for assigned patients and conducts and/or co-leads group therapy sessions for patients.
- Evaluate patient's response to interventions and revises nursing plan of care as needed.
- Collaborate with the treatment team to revise goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the changes in patient status.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
Previous psychiatric experience preferred
6 shifts in 6 weeks; every other weekend and holiday rotation
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Illinois, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, with 15 hospitals and over 150 sites of care, serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area. A career at Ascension means you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all.
Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.