Senior Social Worker and Designated Safeguarding Lead
Salary: £42,000 to £46,500 per annum
Location: North West London Independent School, East Acton, W3 7DD
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
An inspiring opportunity to take your career to the next level and help shape the lives of our most vulnerable young people.
The Complete Education Solution (TCES)
TCES is an independent provider of specialist education based in London supporting exceptional neurodiverse children and young people aged 7 to 19 who have special educational needs and disabilities typically associated with autism, social emotional and mental health needs and associated disorders. Most of them will have experienced multiple placement breakdowns and significant trauma, often resulting in behaviour that challenges. On average pupils will have been excluded from other provisions up to three times before reaching us and had significant periods out of education.
At TCES we pride ourselves on practicing real, authentic inclusion. Since our inception no pupil has been permanently excluded from any of our schools or services, and there have been no fixed term exclusions since 2018.
TCES pupils learn at one of our four schools or within our Home Learning service; Create Learning and Create Learning Primary support our most complex and vulnerable pupils, with TCES East London and TCES North West London supporting those who are able to access learning within a school environment. When they are ready, we aim for pupils to step down from Create into one of our main schools.
TCES North West London Independent School is an Ofsted Outstanding rated day school specialising in Leadership and the Arts, with all pupils encouraged to find and express their creativity and supported to achieve awards alongside traditional subjects.
The Role - Senior Social Worker and DSL
We are seeking an experienced and committed Senior Social Worker to manage a highly complex caseload, hold responsibility for coordinating multiagency liaison and assessments, and fulfilling the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Essential requirements to be successful in the role are:
* Social Work England registered, with an appropriate degree level qualification in Social Work.
* Experience working in a relevant multidisciplinary team across the disciplines of education, health and social care.
* Ability to work in an assertive outreach way to engage young people and their families for delivery of clinical services.
* Experience of providing a range of therapeutic interventions tailored for this highly specialised client group.
* Experience of supporting neurodiverse children with ASC and/or SEMH and an understanding of potential implications for communication, learning and behaviour patterns.
In return we offer:
* Competitive salary and terms and conditions.
* An opportunity to make a real difference and join a leading provider of specialist education, directly contributing towards positive outcomes for pupils with SEMH and ASC.
* Excellent CPD opportunities with all staff provided an individual Learning & Development Plan to support career development, including education qualifications at all levels (QTS / QTLS / NPQs) and options to take progressive Ofqual registered Level 3 - 5 qualifications in Therapeutic Education.
* Comprehensive induction process, including all pupil-facing staff supported in receiving the Level 3 Award in Therapeutic Education and Group Process.
* Regular half termly staff wellbeing days.
* A range of employee support and wellbeing benefits including our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), counselling and contributions towards medical costs and an exclusive rewards platform.
Closing date 30 January 2022