1. With supervision provides a range of assessment and interventions for specialist services to adults, their families and carers. These range from carrying out a variety of assessments, reassessments designing and implementing appropriate packages of care and provision of specialist interventions as a part of a care planning process - reviewing as necessary.
2. Works closely with other agencies, planning, arranging co-ordinating and monitoring a range of services to meet the needs of adults, their families and carers to the required standards arranging and chairing meetings as necessary.
3. Works within policy and practice and departmental procedures to the required standards, in assessing and meeting the mental health needs of adults, their families and carers.
4. Maintains case records and assists in the completion of statistical and workload returns as required by management information and quality systems
5. Provides a training and consultancy service to staff of the department and other agencies on their specialist area of work in accordance with departmental practice
6. Represents the Department on various specialist multi-agency forums and groups both locally and regionally as required.
7. Deputise for Team Leader
8. Performance of other duties which reasonably corresponds to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.
1. The above principal accountabilities are not exhaustive and may vary without changing the character of the job or level of responsibility.
2. The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act, 1974 and other associated legislation places responsibilities for Health and Safety on all employees. Therefore it is the postholder's responsibility to take reasonable care for Health and Safety and Welfare of him/herself and other employees in accordance with legislation.
3. The above duties may involve having access to information of a confidential nature which may be covered by the Data Protection Act, and by Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act, 1972. Confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
4. East Riding of Yorkshire Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.